MV 22 Osprey :)

• 1. DDz Quorum

It is great to fly...looks and sounds just the job :)

Haven't quite mastered landings yet, still coming in a bit heavy so I need to get the rate of descent sorted. Get it!

Start up from cold is easy...best to RTFM available to download though as there are quite a few things to pick up particularly binding the nacelle pivoting. There is no easy start available, pilot needs to interact with the screens and go through the procedure using keys or clickable cockpit. I use clickable cockpit mostly. Auto flaps. Wing stowage is a great bit of animation. There's also a good freebie Mildenhall airfield available on 'flightsim.to' if you fancied living on a populated MV22 base.

• 1 month later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Getting to grips with this fantastically unusual aircraft and the sim....

Had a great flight from my carrier off the coast next to RAF Valley to Gloucester via Mid Wales. Getting to the point where I can cold start, taxi, take off, fly, land, taxi and shut down. Vertical take off with a small amount of rear thrust, rotors set at 93 degrees. Get clear, 100ft, slight left turn. Increase throttle and bring rotors to level. Landing is a real case of correct rate of descent, touchdown about 90kts, rotors set at 60 degrees. On a runway that is....haven't tried a vertical carrier landing yet.

Also loving the Twin Otter still.....fantastic STOL.

The Osprey is a blast.

Osprey over Wales.jpg

Twotter1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...