F-14 Training

DD_Fenrir

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hey chaps,

It's been mooted that some would like some training in The Big Fighter; if we can organise a time that's good for all I am happy to give some instruction on how to operate the Cat.

Before we start, however I need you guys to be prepped; you NEED to have certain keys bound to whatever device is convenient to you and to know which is what before we start; I strongly suggest you make these keys handy as you'll be needing to manipulate these in the middle of a dogfight or tricky parts on the flight envelope. Here's the list:

Weapons:

• Weapon selector up
  • Weapon selector down
  • Weapon selector depress
  • Master Arm on and cover open

Dogfight Radar Modes

• Target designate forward / VSL PAL
  • Target designate up / VSL HI
  • Target designate down / VSL LO
  • CAGE SEAM button
  • PLM Button

Jester Controls

• Toggle Menu (default keyboard = 'A')

Countermeasures

• DLC Toggle / Countermeasure Dispense

Wing Sweep Manipulation:

• Wing Sweep Auto Mode
  • Wing Sweep Forward
  • Wing Sweep Aft
  • Wing Sweep Bomb Mode

I suggest we start with guns and 'winders and what the Dogfight Radar Modes do, where you'll find them useful and what their limitations are. Along with this we'll look at best practise for dogfighting in the Turkey; how to interpret gauges quickly and what the numbers you're looking for are.

After that in subsequent lessons we'll look at Beyond Visual Range ops and best practises for Sparrow and Phoenix employment.

Then we'll look at getting back on board the carrier and maybe Air to Air Refuelling if anyone is brave enough.

On the way through these we'll talk about the RWR and manipulating the TACAN.

All good?

Let me know when's best for you chaps. Happy to do whenever.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ok, I have a busy week next week and it may require working late. I don’t want to set a date then have to rain check so we’ll avoid that, but if you guys are good to do an afternoon your time (Canadian) thereafter I can do any from Sat 12th onwards. Let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

@wingflyr @Zukker @DD_Sheriff

Howdy pards, in conversation with Zukker last night seems he’s got an few evenings next week where there’s an opportunity to continue your dive into all things F-14; let me know if there’s a specific day you can all make and I will endeavour to clear my schedule.

My understanding is you want to get the skinny on Phoenixes and shooting stuff down that is far away, that right?

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 8:49 PM, DD_Fenrir said:

@wingflyr @Zukker @DD_Sheriff

Howdy pards, in conversation with Zukker last night seems he’s got an few evenings next week where there’s an opportunity to continue your dive into all things F-14; let me know if there’s a specific day you can all make and I will endeavour to clear my schedule.

My understanding is you want to get the skinny on Phoenixes and shooting stuff down that is far away, that right?

Absolutely, just like a pizza left at the door and bug out ... 

• Haha 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ah that is where he has you. He has you hooked now, he gave you a sample of what the future could hold for you, he has shown you what you could achieve.....

For your next instalment please send $2.99 to The Priory Training Academy, then for the next 125 lessons its $59.99

This is not a scam

• Haha 4