North Africa - Start SUNDAY 20TH NOVEMBER - Its not too late to sign up!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute

352nd have contacted me with a possible date for the start of the North Africa Campaign.

SUNDAY 20TH NOVEMBER

Please let me know if this would be ok for you. If I get too many "No's" I will go back and look for another date.

So far as at today Sunday 30/10 there have been 54 downloads (I am not able to tell who has downloaded) but it certainly shows there has been interest!

The map is now in the final stages of testing and a few final wrinkles are left to be removed. It looks like I may have got rid of the multi-player server overload messages as well.

If you have not downloaded the mod yet, and it is a MUST to take part in this campaign, you can get it from here;

https://www.mediafire.com/file/x1hvnnmocw758ri/NorthAfricaCampaign.zip/file

If you have not been sent a copy of the User Guide you can get it from here;

https://www.mediafire.com/file/egnf4rstx0unhyv/North+Africa+Campaign+User+Guide.pdf/file

UPDATE: There have been a few changes to the mission since I produced the attached guide.

1. The Airfields can now no longer be put out of operation by hitting the named targets.

2. Bridges will now auto repair after 8 minutes after being hit. Players no longer need to trigger the repair.

It would be great to see the Dogz all getting together again for this event, in which we will be playing ALLIED this time so get yourself a Spitfire, a P40, a Hurricane or an A20! On the tank front we have the Sherman and the Churchill.

Salute

DD_Friar

• Like 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

We will go with the same start times as before 21:00, so should be good Crash, even if you are a bit later, still no problem.

@Ben griffiths - There just seemed to be too many issues with the logic, plus it seems to have helped the multiplayer server messages if it is more simple.

• 1. DDz Quorum

@DD_Soapy You will need to have either Kuban premium or buy the Hurricane / P40 or Tank crew to play in this one as there are no rear gunner seats.

Having said that you could pair up with someone in a tank as a Commander without buying Tank Crew but MUST have a few training sessions before hand for key mappings. Training on the night will not be an option I am afraid. 

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi Hunter, nice to see you are still watching our forums!

I pasted this guide from a thread that some other clever sole wrote

A. To install JSGME if you currently do not have it. If you do have it, then move to B.

1. Download JSGME (Jones Generic Mod Enabler) from: https://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml#download
2. Unzip JSGME to a temporary folder, and run jsgme_setup.exe, install it to your BOS game folder
3. Run JSGME.exe that was placed in that folder. It will start and a screen will display, it will show you the standard folder it will create where your MODS need to be placed.
4. Now close JSGME. This sets up the proper location for the JSGME MODs folder for your BOS install.

B. To install the MODs with JSGME:

1. Download desired MOD zip file or files, in this case: Add SID's [Dogz Icon Mod]
2. Unzip your selected mod to the MOD folder that JSGME set up in the BOS main directory, in this case folder name should be "MODS\Dogz Icon Mod - Tank Battles v2.00" and  "MODS\Dogz Icon Mod v1.00"
3. Start JSGME
4. On the left side of the JSGME screen will be the list of MODs you have available, and which are inactive/disabled. To the right the ones that are active/enabled.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi Dragan,

I see you have only joined on Sunday.  We would like to know a bit more about you please as this event is not open to the general public, it is a squad v squad match.

If you would like to become a full member of the DangerDogz to take part, would you please post in our Recruitment thread found here...

http://dangerdogz.com/forums/forum/127-recruitment/

We look forward to getting to know you a bit more and thank you for showing interest in the DangerDogz.

• 1. DDz Quorum

So far I have only had 10 replies to my email asking people to sign up so I can get an idea of numbers.

The mod pack was downloaded over 60 times.

How many of you deleted my email without even looking at it thinking it was just another update? Email text is in the next post.

It makes the evenings very difficult to plan ahead if I and any commanders have no real idea of what sort of forces we can expect to be mustering.

Come on chaps, if you think you will be taking part, please reply to the email, or after all my work is the ten that have replied (if you are one of them, and you will know who you are, thank you) all that are wanting to take part?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute

It is now only 15 days until we start the next Dogz v 352nd Campaign in "North Africa" (well Kuban actually but it sure does look like North Africa!)

The mod pack which is required to take part in this event has now been downloaded 62 times as at 05/11/2022!

We now have a final test map up on our servers if you want to take a look and get familiar with the terrain etc.

With this in mind I need to start getting a firm idea of numbers, just in case we need to increase server capacity or team balance etc. If you can not make the first week but are wanting to join other weeks please let me know, the Dogz never EXPECT you to be available but it will help our planning for this event if we can get an idea of numbers.

Would you please therefore send an email to dd_friar@btinternet.com stating that you are wanting to take part (no need to reply if you are NOT going to join in) and if you are wanting to fly or tank (or both).

Please paste the following into the Subject of the Email: NORTH AFRICA - Yes Please

In the body of the email paste the following and put an X in the applicable boxes

Player Name: 

I would like to fly (  )

I would like to take a tank (  )

I am happy to be assigned to either (  )

Many thanks

DD_Friar

• Friar changed the title to North Africa - Start SUNDAY 20TH NOVEMBER - Its not too late to sign up!
  • 1. DDz Quorum

PLEASE PLEASE make sure you have tried the mod pack and tested it on our server to make sure you have it all sorted.

The map is running 24/7 for you to have a look.

The event starts THIS SUNDAY 20th November.

Please be on Teamspeak by 20:30 UK time.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute Flack, great to have you with us.

I will place you in my Troop - so you will be in C troop - as number 3 (Mossie is number 2)

You will be in a Sherman, please remind yourself of how to use it, it is a tank you have driven before.

Please be on Teamspeak by 20:15 UK time.

See you on Sunday.