What Next After Arras?

What Next After Arras  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which theatre would you like to move to for the next event against the 352nd

• North Africa (requires download of JSGME applicable texture mod to play using Kuban map).
    • Normandy (map is standard if you have BON)
    • Re-Run Arras changing sides
    • Different theatre not listed above (please provide details if you vote here)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute Gentlemen,

With probably a couple more sessions to go in the current "Battle For Arras" campaign against the 352nd I need to start thinking about what we do after.

I hope like me you have enjoyed the challenges the campaign has presented and I would like to do something similar again.

We did discuss just running the same event but changing sides, would you like to do that?

I have been looking at a very good looking mod that re-textures the Kuban map to be North Africa. It changes all the town names to proper North African ones. It provides desert skins to vehicles and planes as well.

Would we like to have a go at a scenario on that (to take part you MUST have downloaded the texture mod. Its quite large but can be applied and removed via JSGME).? 

This map gives the opportunity to fly from proper airfields and would offer up a plane set of Spitfires, Hurricanes, P40's, A20's against 110's, 109's, Ju88a's and Stukas. On the ground Sherman (perhaps the Churchill if it comes out in time or a Kv-1 "hack"?)  v Panzer III and IV. The ground is flat and open so would provide new challenges for attacking and capturing towns. I am thinking of building in AI artillery  and ground units to support both forces. 

The scenario would be Allied forces trying to push the North Africa Corp back from captured ground.

If this was to be the popular option I could start building it now so it could be ready to go as soon as we finish in Arras.

Normandy is getting close and from the sound of it, just starting to poke its nose over the horizon.  The map would provide an opportunity to build a break out scenario following D-Day (might be difficult to do an actual D-Day scenario, will have to wait for the map and what objects are available).

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks for the like @wingflyr but you did not vote whilst you were here!

It would help me to decide what to do next if people let me know what they would like. I know you guys are so nice you are probably all saying "we do not care what you do next Friar, you are such a skilled and cleaver mission builder we all are the wings above your wind we will still play it" but it would be nice to know.

• Haha 2