New free aircraft mod imminent....

DD_Fenrir

• 4 months later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

@BluBear @Crash @Friar @FoolTrottel @fruitbat @PapaBear @rox @DD_Sheriff @wingflyr @Zukker 

Sid has asked if we can add the OV-10 to our server availability; as this means asking you all to download and install I thought it only polite to ask if you would be happy to oblige?

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
6 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

@BluBear @Crash @Friar @FoolTrottel @fruitbat @PapaBear @rox @DD_Sheriff @wingflyr @Zukker 

Sid has asked if we can add the OV-10 to our server availability; as this means asking you all to download and install I thought it only polite to ask if you would be happy to oblige?

Fine by me!

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

'To download the OV-10A you must download the zip via the links in the #Annonce or #ov10a_bronco channel of the Split-Air Discord server. The Link direct you to a Gumroad website with a little description of the mod. You can choose if you want to financially support the Split-Air or not. The Bronco will stay a free mod, you are not forced to pay anything. After that the Gumroad request your mail address, but you don’t need any account. Finally you have access at the Zipped file of the OV-10A BRONCO.'

Here is a link that you get from the above, worth a try https://app.gumroad.com/d/70280cc299d3816d9dbcc446caab13c3 unless someone has another link.

You unzip the file then copy the mod OV-10A into the mods/aircraft folder in the saved game. The file path: C:\Users\NAME\Saved Games\DCS (.openbeta)\Mods\Aircraft\'The mod Unzipped'

Current version is v1.08

• 2. Administrators

Doesn't bother me at all.

I do wonder if we should package up all 3 mods into one zip file/self installer through jsgme or something, so new users don't have to be walked through installing 3 mods just to join our server though.

We could also add into it the Blackhawk, which is also a fantastic free mod. That would mean people could fly jets, props and Helio's all for free.

EDIT, direct link to the Bronco

BRONCO OV-10A (gumroad.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2. Administrators

Yes, its needed. Any mods that are in the server mission are required by a user to join the server.

I just looked at the size of the 4 mods in my mods folder (I have the Blackhawk as well, although not currently in the server mission so not needed) and it comes to 9 gigs unzipped, and 4.44 gigs zipped up for all 4. Can we host a file that size on here?

link to the T-45 is here,

VNAO T-45 Goshawk - Page 12 - DCS Mods - ED Forums

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
46 minutes ago, fruitbat said:

Doesn't bother me at all.

I do wonder if we should package up all 3 mods into one zip file/self installer through jsgme or something, so new users don't have to be walked through installing 3 mods just to join our server though.

We could also add into it the Blackhawk, which is also a fantastic free mod. That would mean people could fly jets, props and Helio's all for free.

EDIT, direct link to the Bronco

BRONCO OV-10A (gumroad.com)

That download link wants an email address to continue. For a (free) product like this (that I am not going to actively use) I am not going to use an email address on yet another website... Are there any alternative downloads available?

• 2. Administrators
8 minutes ago, FoolTrottel said:

That download link wants an email address to continue. For a (free) product like this (that I am not going to actively use) I am not going to use an email address on yet another website... Are there any alternative downloads available?

Not that I know of.

I could upload the zipfile somewhere.....

Its 2 gigs.