freelancers X52 profile

Crash

Hello everybody. I have got Freelancers X52 profile and am in the process of setting it up :) I know that guitarman wants it and it looks a really good one. I notice that it has the name Shadow on it. Is it the DD shadow?? If it is you I hope that you dont mind

Crash, I think you'll like Shadow's profile. He sent it to me right after I got my X-52 a couple weeks ago & the engine management stuff is no big deal now. I've only made a few minor tweaks to the profile & it's working very well for me.

I even joined my first coop this weekend & had a great time until they wanted me to fly a p-38 & I still hadn't set-up all the multi-engine controls. :BangHead:

I spent some time yesterday setting that up & now just need to figure out the bombsight stuff & I'll be pretty much up to speed.

Great profile, but i have a question. I have added the profile to the folder but when i go to select it the pc crashes and reboots its also doing it with other profiles. Any suggestions im slowly losing the will to live. :(

The problem with Saitek is that each software update is incompatible with the previous ones.

Thanks for the reply mate, bloody saitek i've spent all night messing about and its their fubar software.I got the pc to stop crashing now but any old profile wont work on the new software.They are so say working on a converter for old dat files. :o

Hey Guitarman, don't you have Saitek pedals? If so, thats your problem, the drivers for the pedals aren't compatible with the drivers for the sticks. The new drivers for the sticks are available on the saitek website. You should be able to just uninstall both drivers then install the latest version of both and it should work, if you have trouble holler and I'll give you a hand. I have a utility that will wipe out the USB files if it becomes necessary. Saitek makes great hardware but they can't write a driver for love nor money.

Hi BA i need all the help i can get, i have tried all the suggestions on the saitek forums and im getting nowhere fast.At the moment i have the x52 and pedals working but i cant export profiles in for my 52 nor can i make new ones, i have had a go at removing the drivers but im not getting rid of all the installed files when i tried to remove them. Any help would be great as all i have at present is 1 mode setup.

That's an odd one M8. I think I was misunderstanding your problem, I'll have to look into that one.

Just to cover all the bases you know that to import a profile you just drop the DAT. file into the Program Files/Saitek/Software/ folder right? The other thing I want to make sure of is that your using the shiftstate bar thats just above the pictures of the sticks, it's a dropdown list that allows you to select the mode your programming for. Notice that your Mode one commands carry over (they will have a little arrow, kind of like the windows shortcut arrrow) so you can very easily just change a handfull of commands from one mode to another.

Just wanted to get that out of the way before snooping around in the drivers.

Edit: I've been reading back in the thread and it looks like you already know all this stuff. You will probably have to manually delete all of the software folders and then go into the registry and manually delete all of the saitek entries if that is what's causing your problem. also Nuke USB is a handy little progggy that cleans out your USB, I've found it very helpful with these kind of driver problems.