DCS: Channel Map

DCS: WW2 Asset Pack

DCS: Mosquito or DCS: P-51D

Third Party Software:
Simple Radio Standalone (SRS)

Realism Settings:

Hud icons: Off

Map icons: Own aircraft only

This will be a PvE mission (enemy AI only)

Slots Available:

Mosquito FB.VI = 17 aircraft available - 1x pilot, 1 x navigator slot available in each

Mosquito B.IV = 1 aircraft available - 1x pilot, 1 x navigator slot available

Mustang IV = 18 aircraft available - 1x pilot slot available in each

Mission Map: (recommend right click and 'open image in new tab')

Ramrod 564 Complete Map.png

Please reply below to indicate your interest and availability, and which airframe and/or position you wish to fly.

Thanks in advance!

Fen.

Edited by FoolTrottel
Briefing start time: 2030BST -> 2030CET
  • Like 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi chaps, for those who don't yet have it, get DCS Simple Radio Standalone (SRS) here:

http://dcssimpleradio.com/

Click the 'Download latest release' button and on the following page scroll down to the bottom and look for download link named: "DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone-2.0.6.0.zip"

If you require further help installing and configuring, let me know.

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Briefing will be done live on the night via Discord.

For those of you that have Discord installed to your machine, I should have extended invitations to you to join a special dedicated event server. Let me know if you have yet to receive that invitation.

For those who do NOT have Discord, worry not - you should be able to access the event server via a web browser, link and invitations will be sent out closer to the event date.

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi chaps,

To assist with navigation I have created a series of kneeboards that can be referenced in flight via the 'r.shift-k' keyboard command.

This brings up a virtual kneeboard allowing you to check maps and nav info without having to be obliged to go to F10 map at a critical juncture and risk flying into terrain, an all too real danger when flying at the very low alts required by the mission.

Once the kneeboard window pops open in the lower right hand side of your monitor, you'll be presented with a few pages of the Mosquito Pilots notes; use the ' ] ' bracket key to navigate forward a few pages till you find the nav pages. They'll look like this:

RR564_Mossie_KB_L01.png

RR564_Mossie_KB_L01M01.png

You can then cycle back and forth between the nav data and map cards using the ' [ ' & ' ] ' keys at your leisure.

Please note the F10 map and your own plane icon will still be available to you in game to simulate you having a competent nav flying with you and taking GEE fixes (yes they had GEE boxes in the Mossies on the raid), this just gives you the opportunity to do it the harder way yourself.

If you do get them, install them to:

x:\Users\ (username)\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

or

x:\Users\ (username)\Saved Games\DCS

folder as appropriate.

Ramrod 564 140 Wing Kneeboard v2.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks Fenrir!

I have not tested it yet, but I had to create some empty folders, but used a reasonable amount of my limited intelliguessing: (Possibly due to it being 05:00 AM and I just woke up. Dunno why I did that on Saturday morning anyways. Feels like Monday though. Darn, that was a short weekend!)

(...)\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\MosquitoFBMkVI\Cockpit\Scripts

Is this  correct? (The reference to the folder, not the one to my short weekend, as I guess that s just a feeling)

• 1. DDz Quorum
6 hours ago, FoolTrottel said:

Thanks Fenrir!

I have not tested it yet, but I had to create some empty folders, but used a reasonable amount of my limited intelliguessing: (Possibly due to it being 05:00 AM and I just woke up. Dunno why I did that on Saturday morning anyways. Feels like Monday though. Darn, that was a short weekend!)

(...)\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\MosquitoFBMkVI\Cockpit\Scripts

Is this  correct? (The reference to the folder, not the one to my short weekend, as I guess that s just a feeling)

Negative mate. 

Folder path should be:

Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboards\MosquitoFBMkIV

Drop that ‘Kneeboards’ folder in the zip straight into your Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder.

• Thanks 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

For non-Discord app owners, PapaBear and I ran a test using the web version of Discord and all appeared to work well.

Find it here: https://discord.com/

When there, click the "open Discord in your browser" option and follow the prompts; you'll be asked to register. 

Once registered, click this link to be invited to the "DCS Event: Ramrod 564" server: https://discord.gg/wurKMWmY

Try connecting to the "General" vox channel and look for a prompt from your browser asking permission to use your mic; after you grant that you should be good to go.

PM me if you run into any issues.

• 1. DDz Quorum
20 minutes ago, Crash said:

To be honest I dont trust myself enough to give this a go. I do promise to fly more DCS soon. honest.

Hey dude, no worries; why not come along as someone's navigator? Own Plane Icon will be available on the F10 map so you won't have to do any number crunching and having an extra pair of hands to arm the bombs, and eyes to watch for bandits and AAA would be much appreciated from some of the Mossie boys here...

• Like 1