Sorry for not being around and an Explanation.

Zukker

First of all I have missed flying with the Dogz for the last few months. Wingflyer and Artie convinced me to get back into sim-flying after being away from it for a long time wasting time with FPS's like Call of Duty and BattleField a few years back. I was a very lowly ranked beginner when I first joined causing more danger to my flying mates than to the enemy. I have improved and consider myself, although no expert, to be someone whom can help the team.

As to why I have not been on-line lately. A few months ago my father was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer. I did not know the prognosis for him would be at the beginning, so I took some time away to spend more time with him. It has now been 8 months of continuous Chemo, weeks on and weeks off and the cancer has not progressed much at all.  That is good news as he is still around and complaining to my mom how he wants to drive to his cabin on the lake which is 5 hours away!

Unfortunately, just recently my wife has become seriously ill with multitude of issues. I am in the process of becoming the primary care giver to her. Although she is capable of doing most things, her prognosis may not be good. I am spending more time with her during the day, which is when the Dogz have missions and flying sessions. Thus  means that most of my flying time in during my evenings and I been able to fly with Wingflyer, Perfessor, Arie and Sherrif. I may be able to join the odd session in my afternoon but will not be ale to commit to any long term running missions for the foreseeable future. My sim-flying is still important to me as it lets me unwind from the days events. 

If things change and I am able to participate more often I will certainly do so with much enthusiasm. Please continue to inform me of missions for I still would love to join when I can. However, please realize, that some things may be out of my control I may refuse or have to pull out at the last moment.

Thank you for letting be part of a great community now and hopefully for a long time to come.

• Sad 5

No worries Zuk as family is first most important priority.

Lisa and myself send our thoughts and prayers to you and family, you have over the years you have become a close friend. If you need anything dont hesitate to ask.  Dennis

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute sir,

I am sure you realise that all our thoughts and best wishes are with you at these difficult times. Flying is not and never has been compulsory with the Dogz and even if you wanted just to sit in Teamspeak and just listen to the chaos (yes, we have not got any better while you have been away!) or chat to people outside of your "inner circle" you know we are always here.

All the best

Friar

Thank you to all whom responded with kind words. I really have enjoyed being part of this community and your words of support mean a world to me right now. Luckily I have friends, neighbors, and family whom are around to support both my dad, my wife and myself in these challenging times.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Wow Zukk, that is a hell of a lot to have on your plate. You have both my sympathy, (which I’m sure you don’t want or need) and my admiration, for tackling these incredibly upsetting issues head on mate.
Positive vibes heading your way 👍🏻🙏🏼 …….

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this Zukker, same things here almost.

We lost my Mom to dementia last fall.

We just lost my Dad In-law to Pancreatic cancer, in May on my Wife's Birthday of all days.  He didn't fight it due to previous surgeries, leaving him with only one blood vessel feeding his stomach, due to previous bought with throat cancer 16 years ago. He made it another 18 months healthy sharp and able to take care of most things up till the last three weeks. I did get him fishing twice to a spot 3 1/2 hours away and camped for a few days each time. Get your Dad out there if at all possible.

Now my Mom in-law is requiring our help now that he has passed, he was able to tend to her almost right up to the end.

Plus not to mention all the added work of two house holds, here locally to chase.

We struggled for over 5 years with my wife's health, but finally went Holistic and now she has here plethora of ailments under control.

I hope you can get your Wife's under control!!!

Good luck and see ya once we survive and figure all this out.

Dealing with our Circle of people fading away and all the material things that have to be dealt with, when your mood is not in it plain sucks!!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yes it does, the older we get the smaller our original circle gets, at times it feels like it's all closing in.

Other times I'm more jealous that they are done and gone, and enjoyed some of the most advancements of man kind in their life times, and just in time before we move forward with our demise LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Toad,

My heart goes out to you. My Dad just had another "attack" and ended up in the hospital. Luckily they fixed him up and he is now back home. Dealing with family health issues are never fun and although with my Dad who is 87, health issues were not unexpected. My wife, on the other hand, has really changed my perspective and what I thought retirement would be.

All the best Toad and I wish you much good will.

Lui

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2022 at 9:36 PM, Zukker said:

Toad,

My heart goes out to you. My Dad just had another "attack" and ended up in the hospital. Luckily they fixed him up and he is now back home. Dealing with family health issues are never fun and although with my Dad who is 87, health issues were not unexpected. My wife, on the other hand, has really changed my perspective and what I thought retirement would be.

All the best Toad and I wish you much good will.

Lui

ll the best to you and yours aswell Zucker