Knights of the Sky. Who's game?

Dubbo

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That fourth pic has me thinking how tiresome it will be to climb to that altitude in WW1 planes.

I wonder how valuable altitude will be with power margins far poorer than we are used to.

I wonder if it will be worth the time it takes to get up there.

I hope fuel endurance is modelled properly to functionally limit the flight times to near historical times, so that at least this will limit those who seek seek unrealistically high altitudes.

I'm thinking that the limited speed and range on these kites is what allows all this detail into the game - the maps will be way smaller. If that is true then I have to believe that the limits on altitude etc will also be in place. But then, what do I know??

Look at the promo vids on the main page:

http://www.gennadich.com/lang/en/id/69/

Promo 1 shows the engine rotating with the propeller.

IIRC there were a few in-line engines but they weren't very powerful compared to what could be attained with a rotary design.

Also, check out Promo 2 and see just how good water can look with this "outdated" IL-2 graphics engine.

I'll have to admit that I'm pretty ignorant of WW1 vintage a/c. Does anyone have a guess as to how easy or difficult it will be to shoot down an enemy? I know a lot of these planes are fabric covered, but the machine guns were not that powerful and had a rather low rate of fire and payload. Just wondering if this means I'll be juking and jiving behind someone for 5 mins while doing little damage, or will they go down fairly easily (assuming good shots in somewhat vital areas, etc.)?