Battle For Arras Campaign

• 1. DDz Quorum

BATTLE FOR ARRAS CAMPAIGN

A Dogfight map series of missions featuring air and ground war to be played out by DangerDogz and 352nd.

It is hoped that this event will last over a number of sessions with the progress (or retreats) being carried forward from one session to the next, taking place on either a Saturday or Sunday (or perhaps even a mixture of the two to enable us to get as many people as possible involved from each group).

Each session to last a maximum of 2 hours (unless we can arrange a “mega day” where players can drop in and out over the course of a much longer session.)

BACK STORY

Allied and Axis forces have started a campaign to take control of the Eastern side of the Arras region of France.

Axis forces moving down from the North around Lille and Allied forces up from the South around Peronne. Towns and villages will become points of conflict with Commanders making critical decisions to halt the enemy advance at all costs.

VICTORY CONDITIONS

The winners will be decided by an accumulation of points scored by players and the territorial advances made over the course of the campaign.

WHAT YOU MUST KNOW

Equipment – Allied

Tanks

M4a2 (Sherman) *Allied skins should already be in your cache from the last event. Please request them if you do not have them.

T34-43 * Allied Skin Available for Players to Download.

T34-42 (free version) – No skins available.

KV1-s * Allied Skin Available for Players to Download.

SU152 * Allied Skin Available for Players to Download.

Sdfkz-10-5 (German Flack vehicle) * Allied Skin Must Be Downloaded by All Players.

All tanks will start from ALL spawn points with fixed 10% fuel. Upon first refuelling 100% fuel (achieved by visiting a supply convoy location or supply store) will be taken on board.

SU152 and Sdfkz-10-5 will start with 50%

Planes

The missions will use the Arras map which is intended to be a World War I map, and as such the airfields have had to be modified to accommodate WWII aircraft. Extreme caution must be exercised when taking off and landing due to the bumps you may encounter.

P38

P51b

Typhoon 1b

A20

U-2vs (unarmed spotter) – * Allied Skin Must Be Downloaded by All Players.

Planes will be limited to carry individual bombs of a maximum size of 500lb in whatever multiple configurations are allowed by the plane type.

All planes will start with fixed 60% fuel (except spotter which will have 100%).

Repair and refuelling will be available at each airfield. The RRR areas are designated by a blue flag.

Equipment – Axis

Tanks

Panzer IV - * Skins should be available from the last event. Please request them if you do not have them.

Panzer III-L (free version) No skins available.

Panzer III-M - * Skins should be available from the last event. Please request them if you do not have them.

Panzer VI (Tiger) - * Skins should be available from the last event. Please request them if you do not have them.

Sdfkz-168 (Ferdinand)

Sdfkz-10-5 (German Flack vehicle)

All tanks will start from ALL spawn points with fixed 10% fuel. Upon first refuelling 100% fuel (achieved by visiting a supply convoy location or supply store) will be taken on board.

Sdfkz-168 and Sdfkz-10-5 will start with 50%

Planes

The missions will use the Arras map which is intended to be a World War I map, and as such the airfields have had to be modified to accommodate WWII aircraft. Extreme caution must be exercised when taking off and landing due to the bumps you may encounter.

BF019-G6 Late

BF109-G14 Late

BF110-G2

JU88-C6

U-2vs (unarmed spotter) - * Axis Skin Must be Downloaded by All Players

All planes will start with fixed 60% fuel (except spotter which will have 100%).

Repair and refuelling will be available at each airfield. The RRR areas are designated by a blue flag.

Planes will be limited to carry individual bombs of a maximum size of 250kg in whatever multiple configurations are allowed by the plane type.

Server Settings

Missions will be played with no external views enabled.

All players MUST use the icon mod that gives air to air triangles but NO ground objects. The honesty to comply with this request is being entrusted to the wish of both sides to have a fair battle.

Navigation icon on the map will be enabled.

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW

Infrastructure.

All infrastructure (airfields, bridges, factories, fuel stores) are legitimate targets.

Airfields may be attacked. Should you take out 4 key facilities (2 x fuel deposits, large maintenance hangar and medical facility) the airfield will be disabled for 15 minutes.

All bridges (road and rail) can be destroyed by planes and tanks if required.

When a bridge is killed a yellow cross will appear over it on the map.

Bridges can be repaired by a player moving their vehicle into a zone located to the left of the bridge as you approach it.

When the bridge is being repaired the cross will have a yellow square around it.

Repair time for road bridges is 10 minutes.

Repair time is rail bridges is 15 minutes.

Players do not have to stay in the zone whilst the repair is underway.

All bridges either destroyed or under repair at the end of a session will be fully repaired for the start of the next session.

Capture Points

The map has multiple capture points located in the towns and villages across the map.

The point is indicated in the town or village by a simple war memorial style monument.

Players must get within 20m of the monument to trigger the capture.

The location of the capture points are designated by yellow and white dots on the map.

Yellow dots indicate that when the point is captured you get a spawn point plus a supply convoy consisting of a lead defensive AAA truck, ambulance, maintenance truck, ammo truck and fuel truck which will make their way to the capture point from approximately 2km away. They will stop on the main road close to the capture point location.

These may then be used to repair, rearm and refuel.

The convoy will not automatically be removed should a capture point change hands.

Each capture point has the ability to receive three supply convoys (you capture a point-supply convoy arrives, loose it, take it back-supply convoy arrives, loose it, take it back-supply convoy arrives).

After this you will just get the spawn point at that location should you lose it and have to take it back for a fourth and subsequent times.

Fewer numbers of tanks are available at these spawn points compared to the white dot capture points due to the option to repair, rearm and refuel being available.

White dots indicate a capture point that just gives you a spawn point. 

Spawn points when activated are located in the general location of the capture point but not always right by it.

There is no limit to the number of times a capture point can be taken, lost and claimed back.

Tank availability numbers at all points will be re-set each time the point is lost and won back.

All capture points taken during a session will be retained at the end of the session and automatically assigned for the start of the next session.

For capture points that would have triggered a supply convoy, the convoy will be generated when the mission begins as having parked up in and around the capture point location to represent that they arrived and then moved off the main road.

Tank Movement

At the end of a session players will be required to notify their position to their mission administrator.

You will then be allowed to spawn in from the closest owned capture point that is not in advance of your position at the start of the next session.

Players nearing but having not reached an already owned capture point will be allowed to re-start from that position. The definition of “nearing” will be judged on a case-by-case basis with screen shot evidence but will rely on player honesty.

An adjustment will be made to the tanks available at that spawn point to accommodate for the extra units starting from that location.

Summary

My vision for this event is that it will hopefully bring a bit more tactical awareness into play with the missions not always being all kill and be killed.

I hope that you will all be able to take part in some capacity on the dates we run this event and that I have thought of some sort of element that will get you wanting to sign up.

I hope that I have thought of everything you either must or should know to get the maximum enjoyment out of this event, but if I think of anything else I will of course update this post.

Event Date

The first running date for this event has been pencilled in for SATURDAY 21ST MAY AT 9PM UK TIME (like the last event we did)

Salute

DD_Friar

• Thanks 3

• 1. DDz Quorum

That's a great write up Friar....summarising the huge amount of work you've done. Well done mate!

Few things re. the required 'skins'....

Is the Allied Sdfkz flak gun the one below I did? if it is then it's a mod, not a skin, and I strongly recommend it being loaded using JSGME as it means it can be taken out afterwards.

The U2 is a skin so that isn't a problem.

Is it worth putting together a pack for the event with the necessary mods and skins? I could do that if I have a list and access to them all.

all green.jpg

German U2.jpg

• 1. DDz Quorum

May be the right time to reintroduce the two Dogz 'Motivational' and 'Flight Preparation' posters to encourage pilots and tankers to be 'Fight Ready!!'

The Bird.jpg

Notagain_zps45a6980b.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

What is pretty much the final map is now available on the Tank Special Dog Fight server (usual co-op password) - Please check it out- The campaign will hopefully run for a number of weeks

Hopefully you will be able to participate on a few of the sessions, if not a Saturday I may try and do a Sunday as well.

Cheers

Friar

• Thanks 3

• 1. DDz Quorum

With a little over 2 weeks to go we need to start planning. This map allows for tactics to influence the battle and we need to have an idea of what we want to do if we are to have any success.

I will start a thread in the Private section just in case...

Salute

Friar

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...