New monitor question

Mobius One

Yeah, 22" is the sweet spot on price right now and it doesn't take absurd amounts of horsepower to run at reasonable resolutions. Lots of guys still swear by CRT's but I find the LCD to be much easier on the eye, and you won't be finding any widescreen CRT's. I like Samsung, but I can't Ignore the rave reviews that Dell always gets (Like Shadow's), so that's probably were I'll go sniffing when I'm in the market.

New Egg is sometimes a bit short with their specs so I googled another site which shows a bit more info

http://dealspl.us/SAMSUNG-226BW-Black-2 ... 00-1_31813

I am no expert on this stuff but you will note the response time of 2 nms. That is very quick: the lower the better.

And here is a link on the Sceptre Monitor

http://www.pricegrabber.ca/search_techs ... 29870007//

You can see the response time is 5 nms which is still very quick but the Samsung is quicker.

Of the two, I would pick the Samsung. I also have an 19" Samsung Monitor which I bought four years ago when the price was $1,200. How things have changed! It is still an excellent monitor.

bg

Okay, Mobius

Now that you've decided on a wide screen, there is the little issue of getting it set up in the game.

First you will, depending on your video card, need to copy one of the following into your config.ini file.

[window]

width=1680

height=1050

ColourBits=32

DepthBits=24

StencilBits=8

ChangeScreenRes=1

FullScreen=1

DrawIfNotFocused=0

EnableResize=0

EnableClose=1

SaveAspect=0

Use3Renders=0

or, at a slightly lower (but faster to render) resolution:

[window]

width=1440

height=900

ColourBits=32

DepthBits=24

StencilBits=8

ChangeScreenRes=1

FullScreen=1

DrawIfNotFocused=0

EnableResize=0

EnableClose=1

SaveAspect=0

Use3Renders=0

The pain in the ass part is that any time you go into IL2 Setup, your config will default to this:

[window]

width=640

height=480

ColourBits=16

I put a shortcut to my config in the start menu because as I have a dynamic IP I need to go into setup every time I want to play on line.

One other thing.