New long mission: Bulbasket Retribution

DD_Fenrir

Great mission, look forward to the rerun.  Think graphic setting adjustments will help next time and maybe 10 minutes additional time at the beginning to allow squadron to merge over airfield, or set off and allow anyone who needed a restart to shortcut route and catch up.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks all for the attempt.

Alas we never made it to landing as the server auto restarted just as we few survivors were approaching the french coast on our way home; this has duly been noted and I shall remember to restart the server prior to our next long mission. 

There we’re clearly some graphical anomalies for some that, as we rarely operate at night, came out of left field - my apologies to those who suffered; having seen FTs screenies I can well see the magnitude of your troubles! We did some investigation after the mission, and are starting to tie down the causes. It should not look like that - the landscape was a lot more discernible on my machine - and even after the sun has set there should be some ambient lighting of the terrain, not the total Stygian blackness that some of you experienced. The incoherent lighting of the aircraft vs the surroundings was also odd, when opportunity allows I will post a screenshot of what I was seeing at the time. I suspect this comes down to a combination of GFX drivers, shaders and DCS graphics settings. We’ll nail it down.

Bob, I think you’re right, might need to allow some extra time for getting up and formed as we were almost 30min late to the target, making the attack more difficult than it was meant to be.

It was great to see - and hear - so many Mossies in the air at once, glad you chaps enjoyed it despite the difficulties. Once we’ve got the issues sorted I will be happy to re-run in the future. I will also try to find some more historically authentic missions to recreate. Jericho is in the wings, awaiting the necessary bomb-fusing developments from ED but I shall see what other adventures that the ORBs of 140 wing can generate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ok, here are some screenies of what I see for comparison.

We should have been over target at in game time of ~20:05 and it should have looked like this:

Screen_220128_133340.png

Screen_220128_133639.png

Screen_220128_133722.png

Later on, at about 20:35 or when we should have been about 2/3rds of the way to the French coast, like this:

Screen_220128_133933.png

Screen_220128_135115.png

Screen_220128_135123.png

Screen_220128_135145.png

For the darker ones, I recommend you full screen the image and zoom in to eliminate the glare and competing contrast of the bright white forum page background; you'll get a better understanding of how much more is visible, and whilst still dark, should be far more reasonable to be asked to fly in than the conditions that some of you were experiencing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
15 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

(...)

Alas we never made it to landing as the server auto restarted just as we few survivors were approaching the french coast on our way home; this has duly been noted and I shall remember to restart the server prior to our next long mission. (...)

Yeah, sorry, I should've thought about that as well ... Oh well, maybe next time ... ?

On 1/28/2022 at 8:52 AM, DD_Fenrir said:

Alas we never made it to landing as the server auto restarted just as we few survivors were approaching the french coast on our way home;

I think the german server recognized the atrocious terror-bombing plot and made sure, the air-pirates would never make it back 😁

Looking forward to flying the mission!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3