Leg Ends this year?

Crash

• 2. Administrators

It might be worth looking at hotel bookings - provided you choose one with free cancellation, you won't be left with a room you can't get rid of if the dates are wrong...

Looks like a number of the hotels in the area are already fully booked for that weekend.

• 2. Administrators

Only thing is Dave, it's not yet been confirmed that it'll definitely take place at Sywell (if indeed at all).
There was some speculation when Duxford released their airshow dates for this year that it may return there, though no word since. 
Tentative conclusion being that this year's announced IWM-run dates are June, August, September and October, leaving the July dates either free for TFC to take or so as not to clash if at Sywell.

Admittedly the latter is most likely, but TFC have been unusually quiet so far. Also, just happened across this recent discussion. https://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=86930 TEXANTOMCAT helps run the museum at Sywell and is usually quite well informed. 

• Thanks 1

Whilst not the best option, my only real one is to drive down for the day, but worth it to meet up with you guys. So will see you there on the day.

PS if anyone can spare a few batteries, might need a few to top the car up😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bugger. Just saw this on faceache. I feared this may be the case. Usually all announced by the new year at the latest. 

So, as I posited on team speak to some of you chaps recently, how about the Duxford June show as an alternative? 

https://www.iwm.org.uk/airshows/duxford-summer-air-show

• Like 1

Perhaps I'll pop up a poll Sidly, to establish who'd be up for which date if we were to make it a defacto substitute for dangerdogz-do-legends?

In all fairness, September is likely to be more warbird heavy so closer to legends in experience. I'd be happy with that. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was speaking to Pete Kynsey over a pint the other day and he was suggesting that they have found another airfield that fits the requirements for holding a Legends for next year (no one ever thought Sywell would really work). wouldn't/couldn't say where that was but it's at least a positive indication. On the flip side if this new location doesn't work out it sounds like Legends is never going to happen again. at least not in the UK.

• Thanks 2