I thought I’d ask!

Hi guys,

I'm attempting to get my old man into IL2 ( unfortunately due to his cancer he has lost his PPL) 

he’s not exactly computer literate so I’m SLOWLY introducing him to IL2, we purchased a set up for him for Xmas this year.

I was wondering what the rules would be if I was allowed to jump on the dogfight server sometime with him? He can barely put a headset on to be honest so I’d be on with him over discord. I have tried to start a normal co op server and there’s so many AI aircraft etc around he’s not going to last long… if he doesn’t end up ground looping for half an hour 😂 

Im stalking basic stuff to start with, taking off, landings then we can wonder off as he gets the hang.

I know it means plugging in the password for him hence why I thought I would ask, but I really wouldn’t mind doing some flying with him. I’m not sure if I can be on discord and teamspeak if I can I’m quite happy to be on both if someone was to jump on but we would normally just stick to it when nobody is on. I suppose if he really got into it I could set the rest up. 

anyways no pressure either way but thought I’d ask 😊 rather than go ahead.

• Like 5

• 1. DDz Quorum

Glad you were able to hook up with your Dad and he was able to fly.

It is great what this game can do. We have another of our group, DD_BluBear, who is able to hook up with his Dad, DD_PapaBear, who lives in Ireland and play together.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
On 12/29/2021 at 5:51 PM, FoolTrottel said:

Go ahead me thinks.

We do want closed servers, but no problem if you have him join our server and train on it... that's all fine!

(And thanks for asking first ...)

What the man said.