Authentikit MK9 Spitfire Controls Build

Bob

I like toys. I would recommend Andrés Jet Seat. It is a bit expensive but works very well with DCS and Il-2. You can feel the gear come up, the airframe shake as you approach stall and the rumble of the engines to name a few effects.

• Like 1

Thanks Friar,

stick gas been difficult to say the least, nearly there, biggest problem is the build video has been updated so many times that it is now difficult to follow, one minute the wires are blue, the next yellow, aaaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh!

• 1. DDz Quorum
29 minutes ago, Bob said:

(...) one minute the wires are blue, the next yellow, aaaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh!

Me thinks you can easily solve that by connecting the blue to the yellow, so they will become one entity, and that will stop any confusion.

Come to think of it, that way you can connect all wires to each other, and that way you will end up having only one wire! That means there's no more relevance to what color the wire is! It's so simple!

:shaunv2:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, FoolTrottel said:

Me thinks you can easily solve that by connecting the blue to the yellow, so they will become one entity, and that will stop any confusion.

Come to think of it, that way you can connect all wires to each other, and that way you will end up having only one wire! That means there's no more relevance to what color the wire is! It's so simple!

:shaunv2:

Perfect FT

if I connect all the wires together, does that mean they will become autonomous? Making my spitfire be the ultimate AI machine, vanquishing all that cross her sights?

Or will I still as bad at landing as I have always been?

• Haha 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
35 minutes ago, Bob said:

Perfect FT

if I connect all the wires together, does that mean they will become autonomous? Making my spitfire be the ultimate AI machine, vanquishing all that cross her sights?

Or will I still as bad at landing as I have always been?

Well, I've given it some more thought, and to avoid all wiring problems, I'd advise you to go wireless...

(To get the ultimate AI machine: I can switch on the option to have  'Autopilot' available on our servers?)

• Sad 1

Well, the flight stick was made difficult by the tutorial video. In hindsight should have watched at least 3 times, made notes of all the changes that came up in the update text windows, watched 3 more times and then followed the video!

Shame about the missing connector, flaps will have to wait.  As they are primarily associated with landing, not really required.

don’t think I can bring myself to plug them in, shorted wired crossed connections, where the alcohol. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Friar said:

Did the scaffolding come with it or is that your creation? 

it comes with it, for the quadrant and trims its their design, the stick is a recommended monitor mount to which you attach the quick release plate.

• Like 1