Soooo my finger just slipped on the store sale

RoyalFosse

Hey chaps! 

One minute I was on the il2 site, the next minute I had tank crew in my basket now I’m pretty sure I have just purchased it 😂!.

Anyways, not a clue how to play it, I’ve played a bit of world of tanks before.

Anyone care to jump on sometime and give me the low down?

Cheers

Royal

• Like 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

I love the tanks, our tank map is also up 24/7.

On there you have a target range, pick any tank, move into a revetment and start blasting away.

Just watch setting up your key bindings for stuff as some functions link with the plane controls, for example engine start, canopy/hatch, weapons etc. If you change one in tank controls you will also change your plane mapping.

Start with a Panzer IV. It has 4 positions, Driver, Commander, Gunner, Radio/Bow Machine Gun.

The key ones you need to map are as follows, (I shall try and list them in a logical order)

You pick a tank and click start (just like the planes, you can select ammo and skins as well, but lets do the basics first)

You start in the drivers position.

Engine Start (this will be the same as your main plane engine start). The gearbox is automatic. The Power will work on your throttle. Mid way on the throttle is zero power. Anything forward of that is forwards and anything backwards of that is reverse.

Turning left and right can be controlled by your rudder peddles.

Move To Next Position (default Left Ctrl + C). This takes you to the Gunner seat.

Take Control of the Gun (Default T). I have a twist joystick and have left right movement of the barrel on the twist and up down on forward / backwards on the joystick. Others have it on a hat switch. If you want to do something similar there is a tick box in the settings to enable joystick control, default is mouse.

Nestle To Gun-sight (Left Shift + T) - This gets you looking down the gun-sight so you can see the ranges. There are other settings but we can discuss these later. Use your zoom to zoom in then press Shift T again, this should fill the screen with the gun sight.

Fire Main Gun - same as your plane weapons for main guns. Gun will re-load automatically. 

Fire Machine Gun - same as your plane second weapons

Move To Next Position (default Left Ctrl + C). This takes you to the Commanders seat.

Open Hatch same Same as open / close canopy for planes. This will have you standing up out of the turret. You can drive from here but you can not fire the gun.

Bring Up Binoculars - Left Ctril + 5 To put them away Left Ctrl  +¬ (key to left of !1)

Move To Next Position (default Left Ctrl + C). This takes you to the Radio man / front machine gunner. Use T and Shift T to take control and look through the gun sight. Use the mouse to move the gun left and right. The mouse wheel to zoom in and out. I think its Right Click to fire. Mouse Middle button to re-load magazine.

You can also map set buttons to jump to positions rather than going via next, next etc.

I think that will get you started. Other tanks have other special settings but lets get the basics up and running first.

Cheers

Friar

On 12/23/2021 at 7:54 PM, Friar said:

I love the tanks, our tank map is also up 24/7.

On there you have a target range, pick any tank, move into a revetment and start blasting away.

Just watch setting up your key bindings for stuff as some functions link with the plane controls, for example engine start, canopy/hatch, weapons etc. If you change one in tank controls you will also change your plane mapping.

Start with a Panzer IV. It has 4 positions, Driver, Commander, Gunner, Radio/Bow Machine Gun.

The key ones you need to map are as follows, (I shall try and list them in a logical order)

You pick a tank and click start (just like the planes, you can select ammo and skins as well, but lets do the basics first)

You start in the drivers position.

Engine Start (this will be the same as your main plane engine start). The gearbox is automatic. The Power will work on your throttle. Mid way on the throttle is zero power. Anything forward of that is forwards and anything backwards of that is reverse.

Turning left and right can be controlled by your rudder peddles.

Move To Next Position (default Left Ctrl + C). This takes you to the Gunner seat.

Take Control of the Gun (Default T). I have a twist joystick and have left right movement of the barrel on the twist and up down on forward / backwards on the joystick. Others have it on a hat switch. If you want to do something similar there is a tick box in the settings to enable joystick control, default is mouse.

Nestle To Gun-sight (Left Shift + T) - This gets you looking down the gun-sight so you can see the ranges. There are other settings but we can discuss these later. Use your zoom to zoom in then press Shift T again, this should fill the screen with the gun sight.

Fire Main Gun - same as your plane weapons for main guns. Gun will re-load automatically. 

Fire Machine Gun - same as your plane second weapons

Move To Next Position (default Left Ctrl + C). This takes you to the Commanders seat.

Open Hatch same Same as open / close canopy for planes. This will have you standing up out of the turret. You can drive from here but you can not fire the gun.

Bring Up Binoculars - Left Ctril + 5 To put them away Left Ctrl  +¬ (key to left of !1)

Move To Next Position (default Left Ctrl + C). This takes you to the Radio man / front machine gunner. Use T and Shift T to take control and look through the gun sight. Use the mouse to move the gun left and right. The mouse wheel to zoom in and out. I think its Right Click to fire. Mouse Middle button to re-load magazine.

You can also map set buttons to jump to positions rather than going via next, next etc.

I think that will get you started. Other tanks have other special settings but lets get the basics up and running first.

Cheers

Friar

I’m officially hooked!, spent the evening on the practice range and want a go! I can’t wait for the shouting as we all succumb to the fact a tiger is about to put a round right up our snout 😂 

• Like 2

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, RoyalFosse said:

I’m officially hooked!, spent the evening on the practice range and want a go! I can’t wait for the shouting as we all succumb to the fact a tiger is about to put a round right up our snout 😂 

'About to' is the key here. As that will not happen. 

Most shouts are like 'Hey, I just got killed!' and then a lucky git that is still alive may call out the Tiger, but usually it goes like two or three more times 'Hey, I just got killed too!' 

:shaunv2:

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to meet you last week mate. It's bloomin good fun once you get your eye in. I much prefer to multi crew as it feels more immersive and allows for the full capacity of the tank skill set. Happy to multi crew anytime.

On 1/22/2022 at 7:39 PM, Parts said:

Nice to meet you last week mate. It's bloomin good fun once you get your eye in. I much prefer to multi crew as it feels more immersive and allows for the full capacity of the tank skill set. Happy to multi crew anytime.

Thanks parts! hopefully this week if my shifts allow! I do enjoy the tanks 😊