DangerDogz Dog Fight Ladder 2022

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute,

Well, it has been far too long since we gave this a re-boot. So here goes...

For those of you that are new to the DangerDogz, over 7 years ago we ran a semi-formal competition that sought to find out who was the meanest killer amongst us. I have decided that it is time for that search to begin again.

The Format and "Rules"

The idea is that we challenge each other to work our way up (or in my case) down the ladder. You will do this by making a challenge to the person either right above you in the table or a couple of positions above (some of the finer points / rules will need to be ironed out, issues of finding a suitable time slot for Europe v North America/Canada may be a problem). The challenger will have the privilege of picking the plane the duel will take place in (both pilots will be in the same type…”obvs”). This may be from a defined plane list (probably all default planes, yes, a Stuka v Stuka dogfight could be possible, it has been done before! unless by agreement of the Challenger and the Challenged to agree on a DLC plane). Once a challenge has been made and accepted it must be recorded on the forum and take place as soon as is practicable. The winner will then update the post with the result and (if possible, a match report).

Each match will be a best of 3 contest with points being awarded for just showing up and a point for each victory. The matches will start in the air with both pilots heading towards each other at about 500m (up for discussion). You will maintain (or get back to) the starting altitude as soon as possible and maintain that altitude until you have merged. You will pass each other, NO FIRING, you will salute (using as many or as few fingers as required) and then the match will begin. You may then go up or down as high as you like. A ceiling of altitude may be set (up for discussion), no need to set the lowest altitude.

When posting please use the following format to keep the post consistent;

Thread Format:

Date Challenge Made: <date>  Challenge Made By: <pilot name>  Pilot Challenged: <pilot name> Date Accepted: <date> Plane: <name of plane>

Match Result: Won By <pilot name> / draw (if we have a time limit no winner is possible) Score: It will be one of 3-1 (a two-nil result), 3-2 (a two-one win), 2-2 (one win each then a draw), 1-1 (Three draws).

Match Report:

A map will be produced with the air starts and a "ring". Players must stay within the area (no running away like a little girl). If possible the features of map editor will be used to warn if you are about to leave the "zone". If possible it will have 3 or 4 rings to get as many matches planned as possible in a Ladder session. Non-flying planes will be placed in the centre of the ring so that other pilots can spectate the battle going on above.

If there is anything you would like to add or to suggest parameters for the rules, please do so below.

I will create a thread for you to sign-up in so that I can get an idea of numbers and if this is going to work.

Salute

Friar

• Like 4

• 1. DDz Quorum

I have nearly finished checking the logic I want for the ladder matches, once it is working as I want I am going to add it to the two dog fight maps we have which will mean that people can go have a 1 v 1 fight at any time!

If you have not signed up yet, why not?  Come on, give it a go, pit your skills against the rest of us...

• 2. Administrators

Hey Col, couple of observations, re the 500m, if that's horizontal separation, its way way to close, wants to be couple of clicks at least (time to sort out pitch, trim, various rads, speed at the merge etc...). If that's height, way to low, fights going to be limited by proximity to the ground, we used to start at 2000m alt from memory, which worked well.