Hello!

RoyalFosse

Hi chaps, 

Been searching for a little bit as I have started to get more and more involved with IL2(GB). Recently decided to bite the bullet and order a tower and a decent set up as I was attempting to online fly on a laptop!, 

Anyways, I always get online for an hour or so and I seem to be the only one ever telling people what I’m doing and where I am going. So thought it might be nice to join a team and fly.

I’m from jersey in the Channel Islands, ex military so know how to but in and but out of a conversation. Love a team work aspect. I’m not the most amazing flyer, I did a stint of ROF in a clan a long time ago but the old laptop got the better of it. Been in clans before but I’m more of a casual player now, but I do miss jumping into teamspeak and flying with someone.

I’m  slowly finding it more and more tiresome getting one man hunted without someone being able to watch my six and vice versus.

EU time frames but I can give weird times to be honest as I’m in shift work. So you’ll see me more at some times than others if that makes sense?

I'm a pretty practical guy, massively into sailing and fishing, and have been flying since the age of about 7, my dad was a light aircraft flying instructor so had the advantage of learning to fly without my PPL. Joined the marines and never got round to actually doing it, so I get the bud from IL2 and neofly on MSFS

Won’t be on tonight but should be tomorrow I expect. I haven’t registered. As I thought I’d see if you guys think it’d be worth joining and also I just randomly saw someone post on the il2 forum and thought I quite liked the sound of you guys 😊 

Anyways nice to meet all you and it would be nice to jump on and fly sometime.

Oh and I like the wings of Liberty map, love the realism but not a massive fan of going full on with having to map read if that makes sense.

Craig aka RoyalFosse 

Hello and welcome. We will be flying tomorrow evening from 8 ish, It will be a P-38 campaign night so it might be a bit intense for you to start that. We will be on the squads dogfight server before the mission is hosted. One of our admins will give the relevant info needed to get you flying with us. Have a look at the GBS section for usfull stuff to know.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hey your RoyalFosseness, we would be delighted to have you join us sir. We do the teamwork thing from time to time in normal coops but it is a must in our P38 campaign. That is the theory but as you can imagine it all goes tits up occasionally. Some of us have been trying to get that right since 2005 but have realised that the fun is in the journey! 🤣👍🏻
Hope you enjoy our style of flying.
Maybe some of our NEWER MEMBERS will POST HERE to give an objective opinion on what becoming a Dog is like ? 😉

Us older members have lost our objectivity and tend to ramble on about …….. oh bugger what was I saying ?

Hi guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome😊, I’d envisage I’d be on from about 4/5pm GMT time as I have my COVID booster tomorrow, I’ll check out the forum, I take it the GBS section will tell me how to get into teamspeak etc? 

the P38 campaign would be good tomorrow, a plane I haven’t flown too much but I don’t think I should have any troubles, so if allowed I can always take high cover or something and keep out of peoples way… if I get off the ground that is. 

I’ll take a good look over work tomorrow and try and get everything sorted for tomorrow! 

Royal

hello again, if you want to do the campaign, you will need to think of a name for your pilot. When we fly the campaign there is no mini map or speed/altitude shown on the speedbar but you planes position is shown on the full map. You will need to enable mods to see and join our server.

Hi chaps,

had a brief look this morning (yes I start work at 5 😂)

could someone please tell me which mods I need to play later? I’m not a massively mod hungry guy so prefer just the basics to get me on later for now.

and also where I go to for teamspeak joining etc etc, I’ll be on from some point today but will likely be late evening, what time do you fly from? 

• 1. DDz Quorum

Do you not see the two links in the posts above your last post?

If not we will need to get you added to the Dogz members.

Download teamspeak from here  https://www.teamspeak.com/en/downloads/   you will want the 64bit client

The server name is Dangerdogz.com. I will PM you the password which we obviously request you keep to yourself.

The P38 mission tonight requires you to be on TS by 20:45 to be included in the event however guys will be around from about 20:00.

Salute 

Friar

Hi Friar,

thanks, seen the two mods, I may be being stupid. I remember from my ARMA days that if I didn’t have specific mods I could not join the server (as in it didn’t let me) so just wanted to know if there is a specific list I MUST have to be able to fly.I haven’t flown on a mod server in Il2 before.

Read the P38 script and will add the skins later.

look forward to seeing you guys. 

Royal

• 1. DDz Quorum

As Crash says, the game needs mods turned on, but you actually do not NEED to have any installed, but we prefer guys to have at least the icon mod, which takes away ranges and names and just places a red or blue triangle above the plane.

We also recommend to have friendlies set to BLUE and enemy to RED (for danger). this also can be done in the game settings screen. This then does not matter whether you fly allied or axis, friends are always blue and baddies red.