Pssst....Star Trek guys...in here......

Enforcer57

Did anyone watch that massive auction at christies in NY of the two warehouses full of trek stuff Paramount got rid of? From the first rejected pilot in 64 (managerie

I think) to the last episode of Enterprise. The history channel did a 2 hr show on it, with the cast members thru the yrs, showed a bunch of neat stuff, and the amazing bids on that stuff. The original 8 ft long Enterprise D from next gen (before they made the smaller ones) sold for a half mil, as well as the large enterprise A (formerly the Yorktown y'know) which is hte oldest one paramount had ...yeah, about five times more than expected. Hell, that damn flute of Pickards he got from that probe that zapped him was listed in the catalogue as beginning at $800.....it showed this massive battle of guys bidding on

Ach, to bad we are not able to watch that channel here....

Great to hear there's still interest in that stuff...I had a shop with collectibles couple years back...did good business....

If ever life is kind enough, I might be able to visit those museums you are talking about, and give my eyes a treat....

Yeah, that was great. You guys in England might be able to see the ships those guys bought, as they certainly seemed eager to show them to anyone who was interested. I cant imagine having the original 8ft model of the enterprise D, with the saucer that seperated and all those neat working features (who the hell has that kind of money?). Man id love to work out with those things with my camera.

I have a few of the micro machine miniature ships i got back in the early 90s (with some of the star wars ships to). I should have gotten the babylon 5 ships to, but I was too frugal when I made good money. I wish to GOD I had bought the three large ships and the other stuff that were quite well made and made noises. That stuff is pretty valuable now.A friend of mine has some of the christmas tree ornaments that have lights etc. Man I love that stuff.