Just signed up !!πŸ€™πŸŽ…πŸ€™

DeadStikBill

Hey all,

Just stumbled on the forums and seen a post for your group. Definitely seems like my kind of place.Β 

Im 39 from Canada, married with 2 great kids, and a Boston terrier.Β 

I am full time military since 2002, I am a tanker and I love rolling around in 65 tones of steel and sex appeal lol πŸ€£πŸ€™

I'm no rockstar video gamer with crazy stats, I play for fun but do like to take things serious when needed. I enjoy MSFS 2020 allot, I used to play warthunder & WoT awhile back.Β 

I just purchased the il2 series while it was onsale and haven't played it yet. I'm waiting for a new VKB controller to arrive.

I use vkb joystick, honeycomb Bravo throttle, and thrustmaster rudder pedals.

Β 

I'm gonna be going through all the setting and getting my settings right for my HOtAs etc. I also have tank crew that I would like to get into.Β 

I'll take any and all advice or help with where to start and practice since there's no tutorials. I would love to get to the point where I can confidently play with you all.Β 

Feel free to message, say hi, ask me anything, I'm super open and friendly and love people. At the end of the day people make this world awesome.Β 

Β 

Cheers for now look forward to meeting you all.Β 

Β 

20211124_145231.jpg

• Like 2

Hi, there are several Canadians who fly with us. I am sure that Artie or Wingflier will be in touch. I think that they are on the other side so time zonesΒ  might not match. I know they fly quite often in the evenings so watch out for them.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi Billy and welcome to the pound!! There are plenty of people here for advice and will point you in whatever direction you wish to go....just ask. there is no such thing here as a stupid question....I think....Β 

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hello... Welcome here!

(...) where I can confidently play with you all.Β (...)

Not sure we are even up to that level ... :)

Β 

image.png

I surely hope you take better care of the virtual vehicles you just bought.Β  What did you hit?Β 

(You can freely knock down trees though. It's even fun. And there's plenty around, and they all get re-planted each new mission... so no harm done...)

Β 

• 1. DDz Quorum

Welcome to the pound Sir.

You have come to a great place, number one rule is have fun, we do not expect attendance (but hope you get hooked and turn up for every session of course!).

There are plenty of us that would be more than willing to get you up to speed either in the air or on the ground.

Although as far as tank tactics go I suspect you will be able to teach us a thing or two!

Our schedule is as follows (UK times so I will leave you to work out the time difference) Our Canadian guys will tell you what time they hook up when us Brits and Europeans are asleep

Monday - DCS 19:30 -Β 

Tuesday - GBS 19:30 - 22:30 (approx)Β  On nights when we run a special P38 event players are asked to be on comms by 20:45

Wednesday -Β 

Thursday - DCS - 19:30 -Β 

Friday -Β 

Saturday - Tanks only 19:30 - 22:30(approx)

Sunday - GBS - 19:30 - 22:30 (approx) - On nights when we run a special P38 event players are asked to be on comms by 20:45

Β 

We hope you have many many hours of fun with us sir!

Salute

1 hour ago, Friar said:

Welcome to the pound Sir.

You have come to a great place, number one rule is have fun, we do not expect attendance (but hope you get hooked and turn up for every session of course!).

There are plenty of us that would be more than willing to get you up to speed either in the air or on the ground.

Although as far as tank tactics go I suspect you will be able to teach us a thing or two!

Our schedule is as follows (UK times so I will leave you to work out the time difference) Our Canadian guys will tell you what time they hook up when us Brits and Europeans are asleep

Monday - DCS 19:30 -Β 

Tuesday - GBS 19:30 - 22:30 (approx)Β  On nights when we run a special P38 event players are asked to be on comms by 20:45

Wednesday -Β 

Thursday - DCS - 19:30 -Β 

Friday -Β 

Saturday - Tanks only 19:30 - 22:30(approx)

Sunday - GBS - 19:30 - 22:30 (approx) - On nights when we run a special P38 event players are asked to be on comms by 20:45

Β 

We hope you have many many hours of fun with us sir!

Salute

Thank you,Β  those times will be very hard for me to make I think.Β Β 

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hey DeadStikBill, as far as I can make out you are GMT -4 hours .

If your working hours allow you are welcome to join us a little later when we fly a GBS coop evening. Our P38 Campaign doesn’t start until around 21.00hrs GMT. Artie and Wingflyr (who represented Canada in the World Mankini Competition in 1985 and 1992 respectively πŸ€«πŸ€£πŸ˜‚) usually join us a little later if that helps ?

17 hours ago, Painless said:

Hey DeadStikBill, as far as I can make out you are GMT -4 hours .

If your working hours allow you are welcome to join us a little later when we fly a GBS coop evening. Our P38 Campaign doesn’t start until around 21.00hrs GMT. Artie and Wingflyr (who represented Canada in the World Mankini Competition in 1985 and 1992 respectively πŸ€«πŸ€£πŸ˜‚) usually join us a little later if that helps ?

Yes I'm 4 hours behind U.K, most my family lives there.Β 

9 minutes ago, Jabo said:

Welcome aboard DSB, look forward to meeting up with you in the virtual skies. As you can see, things are fairly informal around here...

Yes seems like a great group for sure. I just hope there are othe times you guys fly or a NA schduel aswell as the UK schduel. U fortunalty a 19:30 start time on a Tuesday is 11:30 pm my time. I don't see myself ever making those times with work etc. I'd be up all night lolΒ 

• 1. DDz Quorum
7 minutes ago, DeadStikBill said:

Yes seems like a great group for sure. I just hope there are othe times you guys fly or a NA schduel aswell as the UK schduel. U fortunalty a 19:30 start time on a Tuesday is 11:30 pm my time. I don't see myself ever making those times with work etc. I'd be up all night lolΒ 

11:30AM your time me thinks? Now I am confused for sure...Β 

(We not only 'seem' like a great group, we Γ‘re!)

20 minutes ago, FoolTrottel said:

11:30AM your time me thinks? Now I am confused for sure...Β 

(We not only 'seem' like a great group, we Γ‘re!)

Haha ya your right I meant am I'm still half asleep lol was a long night for me last nightΒ 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, FoolTrottel said:

Hello... Welcome here!

Not sure we are even up to that level ... :)

Β 

I surely hope you take better care of the virtual vehicles you just bought.Β  What did you hit?Β 

(You can freely knock down trees though. It's even fun. And there's plenty around, and they all get re-planted each new mission... so no harm done...)

Β 

lol thats just paint, if it dont look like that it aint a "working" tank lol that can happen from going through thick tree lines or backing into a forestΒ 

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

I am sure our "colonial branch" members will be along once they have finished hunting and fishing and chopping down trees to suggest you join them at a time slot more to your liking, but you will always be welcome if you can make it to a UK/Europe time slot.

• 1. DDz Quorum
43 minutes ago, DeadStikBill said:

Haha ya your right I meant am I'm still half asleep lol was a long night for me last nightΒ 

I am thinking 19.30hrs GMT is 15.30hrs Brunswick time.Β 
Therefore if you wanted to join us say at 21.30hrs on a weekday night for the last hour of a session it would be 17.30hrs your time πŸ‘πŸ»

And yes I will definitely do my best to join you guys when I can for sure ! The next few weeks are pretty hectic for me with xmas and traveling this year. I've been on MSFS allot lately.

I am excited to start what seems to be a steep learning curve.Β 

• Like 1