Coming Soon - Operation Blackcock (yes, that was a name for an Allied operation...)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute

Operation Blackcock was an operation to clear German troops from the Roer Triangle, formed by the towns of Roermond and Sittard in the Netherlands and Heinsberg in Germany during the fighting on the Western Front in the Second World War. It was conducted by the British Second Army between 13 and 26 January 1945. The objective was to drive the German 15th Army back across the rivers Roer and Wurm and move the front-line further into Germany. The operation was carried out by Lieutenant-General Neil Ritchie's XII Corps by three divisions: the 7th Armoured Division (Major-General Lewis Lyne), the 43rd (Wessex) Infantry Division (Major-General Ivor Thomas) and the 52nd (Lowland) Infantry Division (Major-General Edmund Hakewill-Smith).

The operation, named after the Scottish black male grouse, is relatively unknown despite the sometimes fierce battles that were fought for each and every village and hamlet within the Roer Triangle.

I am currently working on bringing a representation of the above scenario to GBS.

It will primarily be an Allied tank (M4A2) operation (we will be playing the role of the 7th Armored Division "Desert Rats" ).

There will also be 2 or 3 flown missions (Typhoons) on a Tuesday night when I am hosting which will play a role of supporting the tank operations at key stages in the campaign.

I have Sid already looking into producing a 7th Armored Sherman skin for us to use for this event.

Stay tuned for more information...

Friar

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1