Instrument dials on second monitor....it works!!

• 1. DDz Quorum

I have been trying this utility here https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/71086-il-2-dials-instrument-panel-app/?tab=comments#comment-1138624

It works on my second monitor very well. I have been wanting to do this for ages...looks like Jason approves because he has pinned it....

This is a screenshot of my desktop showing the dials as I see them, off to the right of my main monitor. The maker is ironing out bugs and then he will look to including engine management dials. Great stuff...clever chap :)

working dials.jpg

• Like 3

• 1. DDz Quorum

Once I had asked a couple of questions and sussed out a couple of things the installation is a breeze.

Download the 'Windows Server' and the 'Windows Client' from the links.

Install the server, I put it on a drive of my choosing, and it creates a folder called 'IL-2 Dials' and a desktop shortcut.

Unzip the client to the 'IL-2 Dials'  folder (I got rid of one of the folders that are unzipped and brought the files up a folder level...might not need to do it but it's me tidying up)

I created a desktop shortcut of the 'IL-2 Dials' application found in the client folder.

Run the server. Click on the settings icon in the bottom left corner and tick the 'Local Client (IP 127.0.0.1). This needs to be done if you are using the two screens on the same computer.

Run the client. Tick the 'Don't show me again' reminder about downloading the server, click on the bars at the bottom and click the wireless button. Where it says 'Automatic Scan' enter in 127.0.0.1. Drag the box onto the second screen.

That's the setting up done. Run the game. When you start a mission, actually flying, the gauges appear in the client box.

Away you go!

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Pleased to say that this very very useful programme is working great. Mossie dials added and WW1 aircraft included now too. Temperature gauges are next to be added in the future. Thoroughly recommend this if you have the space for it.

30 minutes ago, Sid said:

Pleased to say that this very very useful programme is working great. Mossie dials added and WW1 aircraft included now too. Temperature gauges are next to be added in the future. Thoroughly recommend this if you have the space for it.

I believe Blorg has included internal hooks to the WWI aircraft gauges but has not done any gauges yet (not sure if he ever will). The Boost gauges in the Mossie don't work, he states he may fix them later today... 

• 1. DDz Quorum
2 hours ago, Patricks said:

I believe Blorg has included internal hooks to the WWI aircraft gauges but has not done any gauges yet (not sure if he ever will).

Ooooo.....they were there in my Pfalz this morning....4 of them, all working ;)

On 6/11/2022 at 3:34 PM, Sid said:

Ooooo.....they were there in my Pfalz this morning....4 of them, all working ;)

Ahhh, ok. He tossed in 4 "generic" WWII gauges as placeholders. I've asked him to see if he can get them to "save" as you can't resize or move them around the way its set up. that and the RPM gauge is fairly useless as the gradations are much too high. What he/we need is a 3D artist to do the WWI gauges as they are quite lovely, would look and function correctly.. he is too busy with the WWII dials and life in general at this point..

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 12:25 PM, Sid said:

Yep, not for VR

In VR I can actually see/read my gauges quite well, in 2D some are quite hard to see even with TIR5. Its a fantastic aid for 2D, now up to version .63, just hope the latest update(s) didn't mess anything up..