Sound Problems - My Speakers Have Forgotten The Words and Now Hum

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute,

H E L P!

So are you sitting comfortably? then I will begin...

Up until Saturday morning my computer speakers have been fine. I switch them on, silence until I play something through them.

Why Saturday, well , I tried to play around with my configuration and experimented using the HMDI output from my graphics card as a sound card (apparently you can?) and plugged my speakers into the headphone socket of my monitor. Well, the sound was crap so I put things back to how they were.

I now get a hum from the speakers. I have tried the properties settings and am sure they are back to how they should be.

I have tried disabling and uninstalling the Realtek sound device, then switching the computer off and back on, still the hum.

I have even tried turning off the main fuse to the upstairs lights (because I fitted a new bathroom light on Saturday as well) still the hum.

My configuration is (located on the back of the pc)

Pink Jack: ---- to headphone microphone

Green Jack: ----- Y Splitter#1 (branch 1) - Speakers

Y Splitter (branch 2) - Y Splitter #2 (branch 1) - to headphone speakers

- Y Splitter #2 (branch 2) - to Butt Kicker

I have tried all sorts of combinations of plugs in holes.

I have removed all the splitters and plugged the speakers direct into the green jack.

I have tried the speakers into the front green hole. Still the hum.

I have tried a different set of speakers. They also hum, but not to the same level.

There is no "hum" in the headphones, they are as clear as always.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Yours in desperation

Friar