Tank Crew Mission Tonight - 16th October

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute,

You may find the image below useful for the mission tonight ;) It is of the town Charleroi - Rhineland map 2606 / 2607

Also, if you do not have them, please download the Sherman numbered skins

Protect The Fuel Mission.JPG

Seeing as I have found joy in multi crew tanking I find my boat less floated when I have to single crew. That said I thought that the map and mission were jolly good ho. If I were to be as bold as to say with minor refinements it could have been one of your finest Colin, and for that I want to thank you muchly.

If we had held back prior to all joining the server willy nilly would the convoy have rolled? I am guessing that the convoy was triggered when the first tank went past a certain trigger point?

Personally I do not think we needed prior warning about the approaching convoy. it would have been good to see how we dealt with it on the hoof, so to speak. 

Anyway, pre-mission briefings can be delivered using the acronym SMEAC (pronounced SMEEEEE-ACK)

SITUATION (Current ground truth) - Eastern Europe - There is a risk of a enemy fuel shortage and intel suggests that they are gathering to move into Proyorovckarts (heavily industrialised town, where there is known to be 2 independent fuel facilities with little to no defense force. As far as we know all civilians have withdrawn

MISSION (The objective) -  Dogz Armoured Battalion is requested to move to, secure and hold both fuel facilities 

EXECUTION (The how) - Enter the server and hold at spawn point or you may prematurely ignite the mission. When the "move out" command is given 6 M4A2 Sherman tanks will proceed from the form up point at 123456 and proceed West along the broken hoghway heading for bridge 2 on the plan. This will be the crossing point for all 6 hulks. Once over the bridge hulks 1,2, and 3 split left and proceed to take and hold fuel point "A" and hulks 4,5, and 6 turn right and move to take and hold fuel point "B"

Any contact along the way will be dealt with as appropriate - re-forming and moving together wherever possible. 

ADMIN & LOGISTICS (The boring but important stuff) - Team leader "A" will be Sgt Smith - Team leader "B" will be Sgt Jones - Use the road surface to make good speed - Initial formation single file - Ammo 90 APHE - 10 HE

COMMUNICATION PLAN (Command and signals)- TS with whisper channels - Emergency RV drills if ambushed, comms between teams and individuals  etc

Good luck

https://www.inc.com/gj-nolan/the-military-tested-planning-tool-all-business-leaders-need-to-try.html#:~:text=SMEAC (pronounced "smee-ack,t roll off the tongue).

I am more than happy to build the briefing if Colin buzzes me the info in advance. Let's not be herded catz! We are dogz and therefore pack animals!

@Painless @Friar @FoolTrottel

• Like 3

• 1. DDz Quorum

Excellent Post Pvt-Parts. Much appreciated.

The mission tomorrow (Sat 23/10) will be the reverse of last weeks.

We will be manning Panzer III-M's. Our job will be to defend the town from advancing Allied forces.

I will structure the brief similar to your outline above but will leave tactics out.

• 1. DDz Quorum

The brief for tonight:

Scenario: You are part of the 45th Panzer III-M Division based in Charleroi. Allied forces are mounting a concerted effort to reach the factory complex located to the east of Bridge 4. Along the way they plan to roll up the two fuel depots and Western Factory complex shutting down our war production.

Objective: Stop the enemy advance. If, as a last resort you can blow up Bridge 4 by parking in front of the two trucks that have installed the explosives.

If they reach the Eastern complex Hitler himself will want an explanation as to why you failed!

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Sorry it was not as sustained as I would have hoped. Perhaps different start points would have helped. My vision was for a hide and seek mission around the town, perhaps next time...

Thanks to those that took part, APHill, Bob, FT, Artie, Painless and Parts.