TrackIR

Highlander

If you want an answer without hyperbole i can honestly say TIR has increased my enjoyment 1 million times

really mate its the best upgrade you can get, improves immersion so much and you really start to pull off some sweet shots

beg borrow or steal

in fact maybe borrow one just to see if you like it

i know you will

• 1. DDz Quorum

I bought a TiR4 about 6 months ago, not familer with the 3, but it makes the sim so much more realistic. You can follow planes better, and as they say "lose sight, lose the fight".

I've tried to fly w/o it now, impossible....

I used to fly using a hat switch for panning. Since receiving a TIR from an anonymous generous Dog, my flying has gotten somewhat better.

Seriously: it REALLY helps, especially situational awareness. On a full switch server, you can actually track targets!

hi

I have some reviews at airwarfare under my alto ego dieg777 here

http://www.airwarfare.com/AWX/features/index.htm

as the others have said, once you use this you wont fly without it. I would recommend the tir4 or the tir3 and get the vector expansion for tir3. TIR 4 is better - all depends on what you can afford mate.

• 1. DDz Quorum

i concur with what has been written before.

i went for v4 with vector expansion. what that means is that you can (in other games, il2 does not support it) have the camera move in 6 planes of view. i.e you can lean in to zoom in, tilt your head to the side to look round things. bob will have it i believe.

i bought the hat to fix the clip on to but have since done away with that by fixing the clip onto my headset with some cable clips and it still works great (and i dont have to wear a hat in doors!)

i would say highlander is go for it.

Blinkin' flip! Am I the only 'Tunnel-vision' guy around who hasn't got this hardware then?

I'll start buggin' the missus about it, try and make her get it for my birthday or next Xmas.

What's the average cost nowadays?

Is this one any good...?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TrackIR-4-Head-Tr ... dZViewItem

• 1. DDz Quorum

Blinkin' flip! Am I the only 'Tunnel-vision' guy around who hasn't got this hardware then?

I'll start buggin' the missus about it, try and make her get it for my birthday or next Xmas.

What's the average cost nowadays?

Is this one any good...?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TrackIR-4-Head-Tr ... dZViewItem

Go to https://edimensional.com//product_info. ... ca338e76b4 £81.61GBP.

They have a European store and tend to work out very competitive on price.

I bought all 3 of mine from there (gave 2 older ones away), and will get my V4 when money starts coming in again :).

• 1. DDz Quorum

Yes, definitely get it with the Vector expansion if you can swing it.

It enhances the immersion, and also is a key asset for air-to-air fighting as well as ground pounding, particularly when looking for the little buggers on the ground.

:hal:

Well thanks guys I just ordered a 4 pro from gogamers with next day delivery and now my order IS ON HOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In a dog fight I cant really follow an aircraft as it passes me and thus I make alot for smokin holes in the ground. On the plus side it did eliminate one of the two most dangerous parts of flying..... the landing.

Hopfully it will be here by Saturday so I can use it Sunday.

• 1. DDz Quorum

well done, you wont regret it

be prepared to spend quite a bit of time setting it up just right. it is not just plug and go.

you can tweak all sorts of settings to get them just as YOU want them, speed of pan, dead zones so you dont have to sit ridgid, position of camera, ambient light settings etc.

it comes with all sorts of default profiles. have a look on airwarefare site for the how to set it up guide. its very good. it may well save you some time when it arrives, plus you'll get a feel for what its all about.

bit once its done, its done and oh so sweet......