Introduction

Mainz

Hi all, I hope this is the right place for introducing myself. I am a relatively new player to IL-2 with ~30 hours in it so far. It has been a steep learning curve, but that is what makes it fun. I have been learning one plane type at a time, starting with my personal favorite World War II warbird, the Fw 190. I am looking for a relaxed group that runs co-op missions.

A bit about myself, I am in my mid-20s and am based in the United States. The first computer game I ever played was Red Baron II, and I have loved flight sims and military aviation ever since. Other games that I currently play besides IL-2 are Stellaris, World of Warships, Overwatch, and Arma 3.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute Mainz

You have picked an interesting plane to start with, but at least a lot of the engine management is automated.

At the DangerDogz we do fly with complex engine management enabled you you will need to have mapped all the controls such as radiators, cowl flaps, rpm and mixture etc.

Our published flying schedule is based on UK times but we do have a great North American contingent that fly in their times as well so perhaps one of them will be along to provide some more details.

The main times for IL2 are Tuesdays and Sundays from 19:30 UK time. We use TeamSpeak as our communication tool.

We have many excellent pilots and many who can not hit a barn door from 50 paces (including me!) that I am sure will be willing to help you improve.

We do not have mandatory training sessions or ranks, we are also laid back about attending, we understand real life gets in the way.

The format of our sessions is that we start with a dogfight map which is an excellent opportunity to practice or get some tuition and then after about an hour we will go to co ops. These tend to be a mixed bag of planes so you will get experience on a wide range of rides.

Do you have any interest in Tank Crew as we play that on a Saturday evening (UK time) 

• 1. DDz Quorum

Welcome Mainz, very much hope you like it here sir……

We have experts in various disciplines, some of which are both legal and flight simm related. Our top pilot is Fenrir and we are very fond and proud of him but he is sensitive so please don’t shoot at him for a while 😳