Dogz new member

Beagle

Hi Everyone,

Title of my New Topic sounds a bit misleading 😆 but I'm sure you all get the gist.

I signed up with the Dangerdogz just last week and have already had some conversations with Friar, who said I should make a post to introduce myself.

So here it is.

I only started doing online multiplayer flying about 18 months ago and joined a group of young guys who have been very friendly and helpful in improving my skills. The group numbers have diminished however and there's only 4 of us who fly regularly now on the public servers like Finnish / Combat Box etc, and also dabble a bit in DCS. I had a look around some of the other online groups and thought the Dangerdogz easy going attitude (and average age - for me anyway 😃) of attending flying sessions "when you can" was pretty much inline with how it's been for the the past 18 months. I've spoken to the other 3 guys and I'm hoping they'll sign up with the Dangerdogz soon as well.

Hope to talk to you all soon.

Roy

• Like 2

Welcome Beagle, as Friar might have said we dont go on public servers much but we have our own dogfight and coop servers that run all the time. The next session is DCS tomorrow night and then tanks on Saturday. Pop onto TS about 8 PM and there should be somebody on to help you with what goes on.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hey Roy, welcome to the pound! Look forward to meeting you virtually old bean.

Next Il-2:GBS night is Saturday for tanks, Sunday for aeroplanes, though the latter is currently scheduled for the continuation of a PWCG based P-38 and Typhoon Campaign we (are trying to) run. Otherwise the next Il-2:GBS aeroplane general co-op session is next Tuesday.

Should you wish to take part in the campaign please give the briefing thread here a read and be online on Sunday well before 2100BST to allow me time to perform the necessary admin to add you to it :

If you dip your toes into DCS we have a night dedicated to it coming up on Thursday, with another on Monday.

Hi guys, 

Thanks for the welcome. All of the senarios sound good.

As I said to Friar, I have not set up my HOTAS for tanks or tried it, but when I do, I must give tanks a go.

DCS is pretty new to me as well and I'm still learning about all the weapons, radars, countermeasures etc on the F18 I bought.

I've just read the briefing for the campaign and I'd also like to give that a go, but don't know how disciplined my flight skills are, to be included in it just yet.

If the next general co-op session in IL2:GBS is Tuesday I'd like to join in for that one, talk to you all and see how I get on.

Does your server(s) run 24/7 or just the nights you all fly? I can introduce myself to any other members who are online for a practice session etc, before Tuesday.

Roy

The servers run 24/7 and are MODS ON and password protected. If you are a DD then you will know what the password is and can fly anytime. Get set up with teamspeak and you can join in :) .

PS we have a tank server which has a gunnery range with static and moving targets plus much more.

Hi Crash,

Friar gave me the password, I've set up Teamspeak and MODS are activated. When I looked yesterday though, I could only see 1 active server.

Had a look just now and I can see the Tank Crew server now as well.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Beagle

look forward to speaking with you and flying on the servers (tanking is great fun too, dont worry too much about akk the controls as we like to multi crew and some will talk you through being a gounner or driver).  Was much in the same situation as you a couple of months ago, joined the DDs and have loved every minute of it.  You couldn't wish to meet a better bunch of mongrols and strays anywhere. I'm trying DCS also but as dont like going too fast, so will stick with the props.

Regards 

Bob

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hey Beagle, welcome to the Dogz old bean. Looking forward to flying and or tanking with you soon. We have managed to muddle along for around 16 years now mainly because our philosophy is “real life comes first” which means that there is no pressure to turn up for every session or to demonstrate any appreciable skill level. Mistakes are encouraged because it gives everyone else a good laugh.

Hope that sounds good to you 👍🏻😉

Welcome to the pound Beagle / Roy, make yourself at home. Look forward to sharing the virtual skies with you sir! :salute:

@Painless Didn't you say it was somewhere in Fife where you sourced those armoured underpants with the decorative frills, high tensile elastic and waterproof zipper flaps? Something about the favourable legal implications of purchasing said items north of the border wasn't it? I'm sure your secret is safe with Roy.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
19 hours ago, BluBear said:

Welcome to the pound Beagle / Roy, make yourself at home. Look forward to sharing the virtual skies with you sir! :salute:

@Painless Didn't you say it was somewhere in Fife where you sourced those armoured underpants with the decorative frills, high tensile elastic and waterproof zipper flaps? Something about the favourable legal implications of purchasing said items north of the border wasn't it? I'm sure your secret is safe with Roy.

Chris, I thought we had agreed to discuss that type of equipment in PM only ! ?

• Sad 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, Reggie said:

Welcome to the DD Beagle, always good to have new blood (hound) join us ;)

Ignore these weird chaps, we are all pretty normal - honestly....😇

I think your version of 'normal' isn't 'normal' around here Reggie.....

• Haha 2

Hi and welcome, good to meet you last night.

You asked about comms and flying last night.

We dont use discord yet having stuck with teamspeak. This site has an app running that shows who is on , feel free to join in and say hello and see what they are up to.

We dont frequent the online public servers often. I am on sometimes and Iv seen some of the canadian boys on; but if you are keen for a session and want company then use the chat box to tell folks your plan and you might get some luck. Most are busy here ;with 2 Box sessions, the DCS sessions and Tank crew we have most nights covered. Painless and Sid and some others do  morning sessions as well and I believe they will get in touch if you are keen to join these.

If you have any questions then post on forum and someone will be along to help