Joint Ops Event - De-Brief / Lessons Learned

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute Chaps

I hope you all enjoyed last night as much I did. It took many hours to put this together and I took much pleasure from seeing it play out with real players.

As with all events of this type, if we were to do it again, there are things that we could take forward.

I would be pleased to receive your comments / suggestions, but here are mine.

Things to Change

- There were too many AI planes all at the same time which lead to some performance issues.

- Multi-Crew tank teams should have set up whispers to their crew mates to cut down on the noise on TeamSpeak.

- I should have left the icons against the units and had tankers use the tank icon mod and pilots use the flying icon mod.

- Tanks needed to work together more. In a multi-crew 4 eyes are better then 2. If we had been more co-ordinated 6 or 8 pairs would have been even better.

- I should have added another friendly airfield closer to the front line.

Things that worked

- Having the air jocks spot targets for the tanks was a new dimension we had not done before and was pretty cool.

- The mission duration. I did not expect it to take 2 hours! but every one seemed involved all the time.

- The map scenario and location.

- Pinch points that made the tanks call for help to the pilots.

Cheers guys for your support

DD_Friar.

• Thanks 2

This was very good , only real issue was stuttering caused by plane spawns early on. Tanks were hard to spot but we got there, whisper channels and air and tank leaders might have made Comms better but lack of these didn't spoil night,having airfield at a distance added tactical elements did tanks want to plough on or wait 5 mins for air support                thanks again for putting this together

• Thanks 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

Good fun. Got killed a lot, but hey ho ... got a lot of shots fired at the targets: "Colin, we're nearly out of shells - again!:)

Like already stated: The performance issues - too many AI moving stuff - be it a/c or vehicles etc.

As for TS: Not sure whether the Whispers will help, but we should try for sure!

And Tanks should stay closer together - like in each other's view ... 

• Thanks 1