Self reliance

T_O_A_D

Beautiful. It all looks delicious. My daughter wants to start a garden but probably have to wait till next season. By the way, should be in the new house tomorrow, I have to pick up my gear from Spectrum. 400Mbs down, 20Mbs up! 🐑

P.S. Love it and best part is it's paid for. 🤗

house1.jpg

house2.jpg

house3.jpg

• Like 1

Good looking place! How big is your lot, we have just under an acre and it's more than enough to take care of. Oh and having your home free an clear is a awesome feeling isn't it? Congrats on that, I've managed it three times now, and this will most likely be our last home.

It's about half an acre which is fine, two minutes from town but with the country to our backs. Coming from 12.9 acres out in the sticks it's going to be a huge quality of life improvement in pretty much every way. The old place was unrestricted, which was awesome, but it took 14 minutes to get anywhere. There were other drawbacks as well. Either way, the money I made off it combined with what we made off our last house enabled our current situation so in the long run well worth it. We netted about 92K off it in 6 years so not a horrible investment. The real estate market was crazy this summer, not fun at all, but I think things are cooling off just a bit now. It's a pretty bad time to buy and sell, this has been the worst real estate experience I've ever dealt with. We probably struck right when the iron was hot but it's been a fine example of Murphy's law.

Our new place is central to 4 cities and several towns, the money we save on gas alone is going to be substantial. We can finally have food delivered to the house again.

Just wondering is the Daughter the same one that thought her PC was possessed, when you had her grounded from it, and you had me remotely setting up a IL2 server or FTP can't remember. 

It was in her room and you were downstairs on your PC LOL

Yep, we sold two homes to get to this one and be paid off.

The one her local we sold to get into this house and used our capital for a large down payment, then this summer I while the market was up I sold my rental that I used to live in down in Missouri.

When I moved out the 8 years ago the market had it at 65k this summer I sold it for 165k crazy times.

This house we picked it because of the rich black dirt in the yard, for the garden, a 30x40 pole barn for my other interest Hunting fishing equipment and mechanics stuff.

The house has a basement to run from storms and the heat outside. I had to gut it and re-due the entire thing.

In the middle of remodeling the master bath too, the entire house had nearly been gone through by us, the kitchen will be next year.

The convenience s nice small burb, corn field across the street, on mile from the bypass, and 7 minutes from work.

I made 7 quarts of dill pickles the other day.

Today the weather cooled off 20 degrees and humidity dropped so I spent the last 4 hours in the garden, picking and weeding.

I trimmed one of the tomato bushes back thus the reason for so many little green ones, but they will get ripe on their own.

20210812_153836.jpg

Awesome, great job. Now if I could only get my kids to eat their veggies like that I really be onto something.

UPDATE: In the new house, Spectrum is up and running. Hopefully I can get my desk and rig in some kind of usable shape tomorrow. On my son's PC right now. On his WIFI dongle, which will be updated shortly (not that it matters) I've been getting a consistent 65Mbs down and 22Mbs up. Funny, I'm not superstitious at all but, my wife was like "Hey it's Friday the 13th!" and I was all like, "Whatever". So I go to move a moving van from my mom's house, where I had it laying over while we closed on the house, and the bastard broke down on me half way, leaving me stranded, in the heat, in the middle of nowhere, with no cell phone (left it home like a moron). So, this tow truck guy drove by and said he'd have the company send a bigger wrecker capable of moving a Uhaul, but an hour later no one had shown up so I was like, "To hell with this" and knocked on someone's door. Dude spoke to me over the Ring system (found out later he was actually at work at the time) and he sent an old feller by, who called Uhaul for me. So help is on the way and guess what? The tow truck guy from earlier drives by again and says "Man, nobody came by to help you yet?" To which I said "Got it under control." Never using Buck's Towing that's for sure.

• Sad 1

Heck of a day!

Real life comes first, get moved in and settled, Make sure the Fam is to, then the PC stuff can come in afterwards.

One of the biggest reasons I shut down the 131st was because I had let it get out in front of the Family.

Happy Wife Happy Life really isn't a Joke LOL

• Like 1

To your earlier question regarding my daughter, yes would be the same one, she was probably 3 or 4 then, she's 16 now. I vaguely remember you remoting into my PC for IL2, but that was a LOOONG time ago. Must have been around my first day with the Dogz. As for the wife, she's still processing the change but she's happy as hell. Her mom's house is 6 minutes away, mine is ~20. She keeps remarking on things like "Ooh, that's gonna make things easier." regarding just about everything. Elementary, Middle and High School are all within 3 miles, stores and gas station are like 2 minutes from the house. Just got two of the three cats in the new house and it's funny watching them explore in bewilderment. All moving trucks are now unloaded and returned, furniture is in but not completely set up. Now comes the arduous task of finding the right boxes in the endless sea of too much stuff that is our garage now.

• Like 1

If it works out like when I move, yo will find stuff for months if not years later.

This last move I threw it out and crammed it in, and left a lot of of it boxed for months due to remodeling.

I'm still discovering stuff in my shop LOL

• Sad 1

On 8/14/2021 at 5:21 PM, Mayhem said:

Now comes the arduous task of finding the right boxes in the endless see of too much stuff that is our garage now.

I sure hope you labeled them.  Know someone who's currently in the middle of a move as well.  The grandparents carefully labeled the boxes 'Bedroom 1, 2, and 3', which was great - except it gives zero indication as to WHOSE bedroom bedroom 1, 2, and 3 are.  So kid A's stuff ended up in kid B's room and vice versa.  Oops.

Well my wife thought it would be cute to label the occasional box "Surprises" and "Mystery" which doesn't help.

Endless sea not "see". God my lack of proof reading is appalling.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...