[MOD] less accurate gunners + more powerful AP ammo

Sid

• 1. DDz Quorum

Any interest in trying this?

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/73101-mod-less-accurate-gunners-more-powerful-ap-ammo/?tab=comments#comment-1109042

I don't know how it would work online as I imagine everyone would need to have it installed so I haven't got it installed yet.

Cheerzen

Well I know this much, 99% ok 5% if we try it, only the Host will need it, or it will be like the distant random smokes, everyone will most likely experience something different.

but if the host has it and net code carries ti through we should all experience the same thing.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

2 hours ago, Reggie said:

Would this not technically be considered a cheat?

If we decide to accept it as an "Official Dogz Mod" then it would only be used by us on our closed co-op's.

Because mods effect your local machine, so I could be running one and you not, so yes something like shell effects would need to be global and perhaps raises more questions, however being able to tune back the AI rear gunners if that could be isolated as a separate mod then that would be a good addition I think?

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
2 hours ago, Reggie said:

Would this not technically be considered a cheat? I am surprised the moderators haven't jumped on the post to be honest. 😄

Possibly but who knows, that would be down to the moderators and the devs to decide whether it, as a potential cheat, gives a player an unfair advantage over another player - I don't think AI count here. Apparently the majority of the players of this game are single players flying offline so it wouldn't be an issue. Online would be different, hence me asking. Again, the majority of online players fly mods off so again, probably not an issue. The DangerDogz are in the tiny minority of squads flying publicly mods on - if we ran it I think it would be a case of seeing if we can run them server side and if all are happy. If not, if one of us doesn't approve well, that's for us to decide. 

• 1. DDz Quorum
14 minutes ago, Friar said:

however being able to tune back the AI rear gunners if that could be isolated as a separate mod then that would be a good addition I think?

It is a separate mod, there are 5 different ones

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

On our Bos-DF server, this mod is now active:

2) Blind (Airplane) Gunners

I have simply  downloaded it, and put it in via JSGME Mods. Whether it works? I have no idea.

How to test this, I have no idea. You could fly and test it as a pair, where you both fly opposite sides a/c with AI gunners in it, fly side by side, and look at what happens? How to tell if it works?

Like said - I have no idea - this is just an experiment!

Note: Only available on our DF server - so this has no effect whatsoever on the Coops, the Tank DF or the PWCG stuff!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Painless said:

AI gunners are way too accurate at unbelievable ranges, to the extent where by it is safer to attack a FW 190 than a Ju 87 !

Yes - I agree with this, there is one for AAA as well, but I am certainly on board with the dumbing down of the gunners in aircraft - bombers etc - they are all way too deadly at insane ranges. 

I tried it in a QMB.  I flew a Hurricane with default 4 X .303 against 4 Veteran He-111's.  I attacked in the worst possible way, directly from their 6 o'clock.

I got one in bad enough shape that he had multiple fuel/coolant leaks, broke formation and dove down and got another to drop his bombs.  I was able to get in close.  Convergence set at 200 meters.  Hits were a lot less and not as destructive but eventually I had to bail.

Before I would get toasted about 750 meters out, well beyond my old 400 meter convergence settings.  With the mod I felt more like I was fighting against more human AI rather than Darth Vader's Minions.

• Thanks 2

• 1. DDz Quorum
3 hours ago, Beebop said:

I tried it in a QMB.  I flew a Hurricane with default 4 X .303 against 4 Veteran He-111's.  I attacked in the worst possible way, directly from their 6 o'clock.

I got one in bad enough shape that he had multiple fuel/coolant leaks, broke formation and dove down and got another to drop his bombs.  I was able to get in close.  Convergence set at 200 meters.  Hits were a lot less and not as destructive but eventually I had to bail.

Before I would get toasted about 750 meters out, well beyond my old 400 meter convergence settings.  With the mod I felt more like I was fighting against more human AI rather than Darth Vader's Minions.

Sounds like it works pretty well !

I'm fine tuning the mod with the help of the author.  My goal is to have enemy AI less accurate and friendlies a bit more so your rear gunner isn't firing at another dimension instead of the enemy.

I'm also working on getting ship AA to be less deadly.  Turns out the guns on the tankers come from the regular AAA Artillery menu so dumbing down the ground AAA will be necessary to get the tankers guns tamed.  It's disheartening to attack a convoy and while trying to disable the destroyer you get gunned down by a tanker ship.

My final goal will be to incorporate all three "Blind" mods, Aircraft Gunners, Ship Gunners and Ground AAA into a single JSGME package.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2