Must Haves?

Mayhem

• 1. DDz Quorum

To join the Dogz server you only need two free Mods:

As for nice to haves...

• Recommend a WW2 aircraft module; all are available on server and on Thursday we tend towards more propellorhead related activities
  • Recommend the WW2 Asset Pack module; as part of the Thursday vintage experience we sometimes run a period co-op and these rely on the Asset Pack as well as...
  • Recommend a WW2 Map module, either Normandy or Channel Map; as part of the Thursday vintage experience we sometimes run a period co-op and these rely on one of these DLC maps.
  • If you have the F-14 or F/A-18C the Supercarrier module is a great addition, and on Mondays we occasionally run a Modern Era PvE Co-op and the Supercarrier is the go-to Carrier for the Naval Aviators.

Ultimately the DCS Server dogfight mission (which is our primary go-to form of DCS on a given eve) has been designed to be as accessible as possible and provide some form of action/entertainment for every pilotable module.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

To join the Dogz server you only need two free Mods:

As for nice to haves...

• Recommend a WW2 aircraft module; all are available on server and on Thursday we tend towards more propellorhead related activities
  • Recommend the WW2 Asset Pack module; as part of the Thursday vintage experience we sometimes run a period co-op and these rely on the Asset Pack as well as...
  • Recommend a WW2 Map module, either Normandy or Channel Map; as part of the Thursday vintage experience we sometimes run a period co-op and these rely on one of these DLC maps.
  • If you have the F-14 or F/A-18C the Supercarrier module is a great addition, and on Mondays we occasionally run a Modern Era PvE Co-op and the Supercarrier is the go-to Carrier for the Naval Aviators.

Ultimately the DCS Server dogfight mission (which is our primary go-to form of DCS on a given eve) has been designed to be as accessible as possible and provide some form of action/entertainment for every pilotable module.

Thanks, just the info I was looking for.

OK, just picked up the Mustang, Channel map and WW2 Asset pack. Don't know if you guys fly the Channel or Normandy map more, hope I got the right one. I was tempted to get the Spitfire, but feel the Stang is going to be more versatile and a better overall aircraft. Might be a Spit or 109 in my future but damn this sim is getting expensive and I don't even have a Thrustmaster Warthog. I never realized how much I have invested in DCS, my purchase of the original Ka-50 Black Shark isn't even on here. I don't remember how I got the A-10C module either. Had a copy of the original Lock On, hell it must have been back in 2003, who knew what a monster it would turn into, it's practically taking up it's own 1TB M.2 SSD now. Well, at least we got the Marianas map for free, then the devils had to go and temp me with a soon to be F-4U. Guess I could have done without the Syria map but, don't know, something about that area appeals to me more than the Persian Gulf. I considered getting the Nevada map but had to draw the line somewhere. Not that I'm complaining, don't get me wrong but that's it, I'm not buying anything for a while, well, maybe next year. I'm in the middle of moving and my ass is so tight right now, if I sat on a piece of coal, in a week you'd have a diamond. 😲

For reference, here's generally what I have, the A-10C as well. Should be good enough to touch all the bases online play wise. Doesn't show miles used but with the exclusion of the A-10C being on here it's a pretty close ballpark. $328.89. You can throw in a 100+ dollar drive dedicated to it too. Not too bad but it's a kind of hard pill to swallow when I think I payed $9.99 for IL-2 1946 back in the day. While DCS is awesome, I'm sure it will never come close to the mileage of fun per gallon of cash. Oh well, got to pay to play as they say. At least I don't gamble. I mean, one oil change on a Cessna probably cost more so if you look at it that way... And yes I know, some folks have thousands invested in sim pits. This post was meant to be funny more than anything. And let me just say with the latest updates, DCS looks absolutely stunning, worth every penny. Now all I need is an RTX 3090 Super TI FTW. Awe hell might as well make it 3 of them. 🤑

Order Cart Price Status Actions
07/12/2021
DCS: WWII Assets Pack 1
$14.99 USD Completed Details
07/12/2021
DCS: P-51D Mustang 1
DCS: The Channel Map 1
$59.98 USD Completed Details
07/09/2021
DCS: Combined Arms 1
$19.99 USD Completed Details
07/08/2021
DCS: Syria Map 1
$41.99 USD Completed Details
12/19/2020
DCS: F-14 Tomcat 1
$59.99 USD Completed Details
04/03/2020
DCS: Supercarrier 1
$24.99 USD Completed Details
04/01/2020
DCS: Persian Gulf Map 1
$24.99 USD Completed Details
04/01/2020
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet 1
$39.99 USD Completed Details
06/27/2013
DCS: Black Shark 2 Upgrade (download version) 1
$11.99 USD Completed Details
06/26/2013
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 (download version) 1
$29.99 USD Completed Details
  • Like 1

The game has left a bad taste in my mouth more than once. I try to only buy during the sales anymore, but on occasion I have bit the bullet at full price (Jets) to join in on whats hot ATM, then to only find myself without time or internet to connect with the folks I want to fly with and learn from. I just recently found out from Fenrir on how to tune my FFB all this time it had been giving me opposite FFB on the trim axis, but not the main stick, One other reason it had been such a PIA and not fun enough to put loads of time in. Desktop Screenshot 2021.07.12 - 08.07.41.69.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2021.07.12 - 08.07.50.72.jpg

That's interesting, which FFB stick are you using and where is page 2? After looking at your rap sheet I don't feel so bad now, I'm sure there's even worse out there. You're definitely right about the time but the good news is I did just save a ton of money on car insurance by switching to Geico...🤪

• Like 1

Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback, Page two is pictured, it is two separate pictures if you look close you can see they are miss aligned below the F-86, and yes others have everything purchased. Any Chance your moving into the Central Time Zone? I really need another flying Dog in CMT, once I get back to working.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, T_O_A_D said:

Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback, Page two is pictured, it is two separate pictures if you look close you can see they are miss aligned below the F-86, and yes others have everything purchased. Any Chance your moving into the Central Time Zone? I really need another flying Dog in CMT, once I get back to working.

Derp, I see it now. Um, no, Eastern time, what specific times are you talking about, might still work out, it's only a hour difference right?

Somewhere between 5pm and 10pm CST that would be 6-11 for you.  A couple hours a night maybe, 8-10 for you then I could just be 7-9, that way we'd be gone before the west coast boys show up and peer pressure us out till dawn lol

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 9:12 PM, T_O_A_D said:

Somewhere between 5pm and 10pm CST that would be 6-11 for you.  A couple hours a night maybe, 8-10 for you then I could just be 7-9, that way we'd be gone before the west coast boys show up and peer pressure us out till dawn lol

Perfect, sounds like a plan.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kira said:

If you all are up for a U.S. night, especially on a weekend (for now), I'm up for it.

Absolutely, the more the merrier and I might be able to dig up a few more heads if I try. God willing, I'll be out of here Aug. 4th. My closing got pushed back two weeks because of appraisers being backed up. It'll take a few days to get settled in, but I'm sure I'll have my machine up and running first thing. I'll see what kind of upload speeds are available. Dang it, I knew I should have held out for a Ryzen 5900X, I might be trading up soon. Got an itchy trigger finger and built this i7-10700K, which is fine, but for hosting and other things, I'm not sure 8 cores is gonna be enough. Unless you think we can do it all with the Dogz server, I haven't been on any of the new ones. Hey, do either of you guys have IL-2 Tank Crew?