AMD RX 6900 XT Extreme Edition vs. RTX 3090?

I've been on the Nvidia wagon for many years but did use an AMD GPU many years back without issues. As the world has gone insane and you can't buy a 3090 for under €2500 i'm leaning toward a 6900 XT Extreme (self-contained water cooling) for about €800 less and available. Are there any reasons NOT to move to an AMD GPU? All test I have seen show it within 10% of the 3090 and much faster than my current 2080.. Thank you for any input!

EDIT: I think Alexa was listening again, as soon as I wrote this I got a one day 25% off flyer for a Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3090 Trinity OC 24GB GDDR6X and pulled the trigger immediately. Couple hundred € more than the 6900 XT but I can live with that... be here in 2 days.

Just a follow up for anyone thinking of upgrading, the 3090 is an absolute beast. Doing the Hell Hawks P-47 campaign I was getting ~40FPS with some settings turned down (or off) during normal missions with the 2080. I turned EVERYTHING in graphics settings to max and had the most intensive furball (30+ planes) in the beautiful clouds and the lowest I saw was 66 FPS with 100+ most everywhere else.. I have no money for food for the next 6 months but we have to have priorities... :rolleyes:

Quick unrelated question for anyone with both the standard IL2 standard install and a Steam Install. I did the whole P38 Lightning Campaign under my IL2 install, is there any way to copy\transfer the campaign settings to the Steam install so it shows as completed so I can run a couple of my favorite missions again, or do I need to run through the whole campaign again (which is not really a big hardship :) .).. ?