Hi (very original topic title)

Gizm0

Hello everyone, I found a post about this squadron on another forum post about looking for people to fly with in eu, I'm also looking for people to fly with and i would be interested in joining, I've only just started flying again but then i never was that good at it before either.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome, what SIM would you like to join us with? We fly il2 Battle of Stalingrad, and most of us have all the expansion packs and also DCS. For il2 we fly on Tuesday and Sundays. Usual is a dogfight warmup then co-ops. We are also running a more advanced P38 campaign. Start time is usually 20:00 GMT. Someone from admins will come along shortly with teamspeak and server details.

Awesome, I'd like to join in with il2, I do have dcs but have yet to get back into it and barely scratched the surface of it.

I have all the modules for il2 apart from flying circus and a few planes. I would love to join in on the co op campaign but Tuesdays are a hit and miss for me as I never really know what Time I'm gonna be home on the day as I drive a truck for a living, but Sundays I'm game 😀. Also love the p38, plus it gives me a reason to get my other throttle yoke out aswel. Look forward to hearing from someone soon. Also does anything happen on a Saturday night or is it just Tuesdays and Sundays?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Saturday nights are reserved for Tank Crew.

We run themed series (which are ones what I wrote) eg "The Road To Arnhem", or "The Battle of the Bulge". We also run the odd co-op or go on line to one of the public servers.

Cheers and looking forward to hooking up with you.

Which forum did you find us in by the way?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Welcome poobear , anyone who is happy to be known as poobear is ok by me 👍🏻 We already have a “BluBear”, a PapaBear”, a “Poo..ka”. Plus a “SidtheGit”, an “Artage shiny buttocks” and a “Pain.in.the.arse”. We even have a “Delta variant”. I think you will find a home here mate.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Excellent. We are a bunch that make haveing fun rule number 1. No one is expected to attend. We all realise that Real Life V1.0 gets in the way sometimes. We have no formal training requirements, but if you want to learn we have many that will be willing to help.

Cheers

Friar

2 minutes ago, Painless said:

Welcome poobear , anyone who is happy to be known as poobear is ok by me 👍🏻 We already have a “BluBear”, a PapaBear”, a “Poo..ka”. Plus a “SidtheGit”, an “Artage shiny buttocks” and a “Pain.in.the.arse”. We even have a “Delta variant”. I think you will find a home here mate.

I saw there was a member called papabear after I registered and was abit oh... but if its a problem I can change my name? 

2 minutes ago, Friar said:

Excellent. We are a bunch that make haveing fun rule number 1. No one is expected to attend. We all realise that Real Life V1.0 gets in the way sometimes. We have no formal training requirements, but if you want to learn we have many that will be willing to help.

Cheers

Friar

Kids, life, damn, being an adult is hard. I'm 36....for a few more months 🤨 but yea I'd love to learn. 

• 1. DDz Quorum

This is definitely the right place then Graham, we learn, relearn make the same mistakes and relearn again. You will find everything here from consummate professionals with brains the size of a planet, to bumbling quarter wits like myself all getting along famously and occasionally, infamously 😂

Fenrir is the DCS guru along with fruitbat, most of us are pretty good with GBS and Friar has a firm grip on Tanking. Fooltrottle and Jabo are computer wizzes but to be fair every single member we have knows more about the dam things than I do 🥸

“Poobear” is fine, two syllables is good for comms. You might find pooka and Blubear are a bit close on TS but let’s see if it is an issue first 👍🏻

👍

I'm no brainiac either but I get along... just about 😆.

Also, can I join in tonight on something? 

And before anyone asks about the cheat accusations on my profile, it's all to do with counter strike, played it for way tooooooo long.

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

I normally run the Tank sessions (FT is stepping in for me) but due to my daughters birthday during the week we are having some of the neighbours round in the garden (weather permitting for a few drinks). Pray for rain and cold and I will be there!

• 1. DDz Quorum
2 minutes ago, Friar said:

I normally run the Tank sessions (FT is stepping in for me) but due to my daughters birthday during the week we are having some of the neighbours round in the garden (weather permitting for a few drinks). Pray for rain and cold and I will be there!

Welcome PooBear - don't worry about the name, it could be worse, you could be called Winnie The Sh^&* ;)

I am sure you will get on famously with all us weirdos - will look forward to meeting you online 👍

Looking forward to it, anything I need to read or download before. Looking on the phone at forums is pain staking but i can't get on the pc until later when the little one is in bed.

Hi PooBear

welcome and look forward to catching up with you.

Fairly new myself here and really enjoying flying with these gents, they are without doubt the fonts of aviation knowledge.  They have even managed to teach how to to get the Mk9 airborne in DCS!  Landing however is still work in progress, as is starting up, manouvering, targeting, aim, comms, navigation amongst a few other things.  Some day will learn shut down procedure, but currently not relevant ( see point 2).

Regards

Bob

Welcome poobear, from a fellow bear!

Your name could get a little confusing if someone is calling one of us, they sound more similar than they look... try it out aloud... poobear blubear poobear blubear.  🤔

How about greybear? Just a thought, as I see your name is Graham.

Anyway, names aside welcome aboard sir, we're all crazy and now you are too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2