New guys start... where?

39 minutes ago, BluBear said:

Aha, that's in the pre-mission setup screen of the aircraft, where you configure your ammo, skin etc. Next tab along I think from memory?

Thx, have an old picture there now, i'll try re-running the JG activation again and look in the plane textures to see if it changes..

EDIT: It didn't so I used brute force and overwrote all of the custom_photo.dds files, NOW they are there... hey, if nothing else i'm waking up memories in you old farts! :hello2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GPatricks said:

Thx, have an old picture there now, i'll try re-running the JG activation again and look in the plane textures to see if it changes..

EDIT: It didn't so I used brute force and overwrote all of the custom_photo.dds files, NOW they are there... hey, if nothing else i'm waking up memories in you old farts! :hello2:

Great stuff Gary.

p.s. I'll have you know at a spritely and *ahem* energetic 37, I'm one of the few around here keeping the average age as low as it is! 😁

Memory is awful though... now where did I leave my joystick...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Painless said:

@GPatricks is that a Porsche 911  930 Targa in your pic ?

If you like your motors check out this DDz thread....

http://dangerdogz.com/forums/topic/13620-your-cars/

Close! It is a 1979 911 SC converted to full race for the Porsche Club of America Racing program. I was not allowed in to the link you sent, got "

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/H"

Here is my girl in all her beauty..

IMG_0357.JPG

• Like 2

Just now, Crash said:

Maybe you need to be made a DangerDog to access the link. Do you want to join in on Sunday evening? Dogfight and then some coops.

Have a party Sunday afternoon (the lockdown has relaxed a bit here), not sure when that will end.. what time do the targets report for the dogfight slaughter?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Generally 19:30 UK time for dogfight map, fly what you want, do what you want until about 20:30 then we go to co-ops. These tend to last about 20-30mins each but dead is dead, you have to wait for the next one to start, however we have been known (on many occasions) to do a re-start if someone messes up on take off.

Edit: you are not expected to be on TeamSpeak by 19:30, join when you can / want to.

1 minute ago, FoolTrottel said:

See our calendar!

As for the Porsche - it looks mighty fine, though the way that steering wheel is positioned - I suspect it performs better in a straight line than in cornering?

Just think of it like driving a Bus and all will be well... :too_funny:

• Haha 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
3 hours ago, GPatricks said:

Close! It is a 1979 911 SC converted to full race for the Porsche Club of America Racing program. I was not allowed in to the link you sent, got "

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/H"

Here is my girl in all her beauty..

IMG_0357.JPG

Ahh OK, that tiny pic made the door window frame look like it was a 90deg corner where it met the roof line, hence I thought it might be a targa top. Larger pic is much better.  I absolutely love 911s of all types, finest road going sports car you can buy IMO. Driven a couple of them including a 991 C4S. You can feel all those decades of development..... and where the engine is ! Proper drivers car 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Crash said:

Gary, get your name down for this on Tuesday. Pick a name for your pilot and post in this thread

Virpil WarBrd base arrives tomorrow, hopefully the install (using my Warthog jstick handle) will go well and I can show up!

OK, got the WarBrd base installed, set the VID/PID and name to equal what was in place for the "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" and calibrated it, all went without a hitch and TARGET (and Win10) sees it correctly! I've printed out the DD SOP (re-formatted to my way of thinking) and at this juncture have a couple questions as I did not see the info elsewhere.

TS3 - I have that set up, connected to the DD server, and it seems to work fine (is there a reason the IL2 SRS isn't used?)

Skins - I now have 3218 4k skins. I assume the correct skin to use will be announced when flight assignments are made?

What do the "Codes" mean in the SOP for each squadron? I.E. for 401st its 9D.

Having not flown ILS MP since about 2000, I assume I need a Server IP to connect to.. or is there a separate process (or is this given out the night of the mission on TS3)?

Hi, to join the server you will need a password, and MODS ON ;)  the server will be dangerdogz coop server. I dont think we have used SRS but we are aware of it. My P-38 is from 485th code 7F on the boom and C on the fins. We used a modded icon set up which will only show a dot/triangle red/blue (blue is friendly) with no names or distance, so we try to have individual skins so we know who is who. The icon mod isnt compulsory and neither is the player only icon on the map, but both make the mission a bit more challenging and satisfying. You should see people joining TS from 7:30 ish UK time and you will be given a password to join the dogfight server. The same password is used on all our servers.

• Thanks 1