New guys start... where?

Just joined as I was hoping this was EU based (well, UK was in the EU.. :rolleyes:) for appropriate time zone flying times with "older" adults that don't talk/joke/laugh/act like idiots on comms all during flights. I've tried a few online squads for BMS (my main sim) and just can't stand the constant BS... right place? If so, please direct me to where to get started, if not, carry on! I'm the 1st (US citizen) from Spain (Valencia) I see on your map.. I own BoX (all modules inc. FC-I and Tank Crew), DCS (most WWII planes but like German best), and CLOD Blitz. Thanks!

Hello Gary and welcome.We are an informal bunch with no ranks or tests to see if you can fly with us. We fly GBS on Tuesday and Sunday evenings usually 8pm (BST) at the moment. DCS is Monday and Thursday with Tanking on Saturday. We do have a bit of "banter" but it doesnt get too silly. Someone will be along to send Teamspeak details soon. Check out the forum to get a taste of what goes on.

Hi,

Not sure if this squad is the fit for you, we are a relaxed fun squad who like to chat, we are more formal on event nights but never full on. We fly BoX co-ops on Tuesdays and Sundays starting around 2000 GMT someone will be alone and give teamspeak details if you are still interested in trying us out

26 minutes ago, delta7 said:

Hi,

Not sure if this squad is the fit for you, we are a relaxed fun squad who like to chat, we are more formal on event nights but never full on. We fly BoX co-ops on Tuesdays and Sundays starting around 2000 GMT someone will be alone and give teamspeak details if you are still interested in trying us out

Relaxed is cool as I want to have fun, but to give you an idea I turn off all comms for SP games (like ARMAx) as if your voice hasn't changed yet (i.e. your in your parent's basement) and you never shut up or blast music or other nonsense.. it's annoying.. at best. Just don't want to waste anyone's time, or my own for that matter..

• Thanks 1

• 2. Administrators

TS has a fair amount of chat which is what it's for, but there's nothing to stop you turning off the speaker on your TS install if it gets too much. We don't accept under 18s or play music over TS though although there is some community singing now and again (mainly limited to 'Happy birthday to you' when appropriate).

I've sent you the TS details so you can try it out.

• Thanks 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

Welcome GPatricks sir, if any of our members annoy you with inane  chit chat on TS during flights we will have them soundly flogged to within an inch of their remaining lives, rest assured ! 
I myself very rarely say anything on TS as I am under confidant, extremely shy, have no strong opinions and am unbearably timid. Many of the DDz are much the same.................    ...........

................... ???

Nice rig btw 👍🏻

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Painless said:

Welcome GPatricks sir, if any of our members annoy you with inane  chit chat on TS during flights we will have them soundly flogged to within an inch of their remaining lives, rest assured ! 
I myself very rarely say anything on TS as I am under confidant, extremely shy, have no strong opinions and am unbearably timid. Many of the DDz are much the same...
.................................. ???

Nice rig btw 👍🏻

LOL.. Thx, I have been looking for an RTX 3090 card for quite some time now. Just heard yesterday from a US friend they are releasing the RTX 3080 TI in a short while, maybe availability will increase as there are 0 cards (under €2000) here... and had 88 Skins this morning, have 3141 (4K) now!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FoolTrottel said:

Hello Gary, welcome here!

We already have a US-Gary-raising-our-Average-Age - wait what, has our Funflak emigrated to Spain?? Is that you Gary???

Thx Arjen, I just used your skin tool, thank you! Somehow I had 88 4K skins that you didn't have (if I understood the software correctly) which were uploaded after I downloaded the 3100+ other skins! And no, i've been here for 3+ years, not me!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FoolTrottel said:

Cools...

I found 77 more skins than before? Like not 88? Oh well - no worries.

Now I just need a printed P-38 manual to better understand start-up, prop trim, etc. etc.... I show 3218 skins now! You are correct, that is 77 more, no idea what the other 11 were but I got a message about a 2K Yak skin being ignored, maybe there were 10 more 2K skins.. 

Thx Crash, already watched that a couple times and it's a great start but I need to make a comprehensive startup list and want to know what everything does and why a setting is correct (or not), and when... LOT of levers and switches in that thing, coming out of a BF-109K its a tad daunting.. I'm more of a "where is the manual" kinda guy.

• 1. DDz Quorum

@DD_Fenrir is the sort of guy that if you show him a picture of 9 rivets on a Spitfire he will tell you not only the mark but which day of the week it was made, which factory and if it was Gladys or Doris that was putting them in.

He is our guru...

11 minutes ago, Friar said:

Just found this over on the IL2 forums in a similar thread of someone looking for a manual...

http://akvictoria.by/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/P-38-Lightning.pdf

LOL, likely my thread or post (Icer is my BMS F-16 callsign, going back to Ice/-Ice-/Icer in Aces High circa 2000) as that is the manual I linked above, going through it now before my 1st hop in a P-38J seat...