Fresh meat?

Seagoon

Good afternoon everybody

Seagoons the name and Seagoons the game...err wait that doesn't work does it?

There is vicious rumour that you are looking for fresh cannon fodder? Well sirs..and ladies, look now further! You will find that there is no bigger target in Multiplayer Il-2 Great Battles than yours truly!

I have flown with a serious bunch before, lovely guys but a bit too rigid, and realised that seeing as this is only a game we should be having fun. So if there is space for a silly bugger like me I would love to join you.

S

• Like 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hello Seagoon and welcome to the pound.

Yes you have stumbled upon a great group of guys to fly with where our number one rule is to have fun.

Our flying schedule for GBS is Tuesday and Sunday. We also play Tank Crew on a Saturday evening. Start times around 19:30 UK time.

Where are you based?

We have guys from the UK, Europe, North America, Canada and even Australia!

Can I ask how you found out about the DangerDogz?

• 1. DDz Quorum

We sure aint rigid. We don't like change. But we're not rigid at all. Or maybe not too rigid anyways. Or, maybe we can change? Oh wait  ...

(Hey, Pst, Friar, he posts in our afternoon time zone, he starts with 'good afternoon' ... where do you think he could be? Ah, I see, he could be a time zone challenged Aussie ...  )

Hello Andy! :wave:

• Haha 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

Welcome Seagoon, hope you are able to join us for madness and mayhem Dogz style..

As an aside, your post title made me laugh as I had a friend whose gaming tag was meant to be Fresh Meat but because he had sausage fingers, Cumberlands I believe, he mistyped and was forever known as Fresh Mest....

Cheerzen

• Haha 1

Good evening guys, I'm just outside of Manchester in leafy Cheshire but I'm originally from Cape Town.

Crash I have all of the Il-2 modules except for Volume 2 of Flying Circus. I had DCS installed but it runs like a can of rusty nails on my Quest 2 so sadly I'm sticking to Il-2.

Friar I heard about you guys on the Il-2 forums a while back actually but it took me a while to realise what I wanted out of the flying online experience.

What sort of aircraft do you chaps fly? I see mention of the P-38? Do you stick to the 38 or do you fly anything else? The Tank Crew side sounds interesting but my VR time in it is limited. I used to play Warthunder a heck of allot and had some great fun but it is a bit rubbish in VR and I can't bring myself to play it back in flatscreen.

Hello Arjen, I may appal you by speaking Afrikaans sometime if you're unlucky. Yes I know it sounds like a child talking :)

Thank you Arthur. I've relieved I didn't choose Redbladder! 

• Like 2

Fresh Mest? That is brilliant! That's a bit like the story I'd heard about old England bowler Ashley Giles who wanted to get t-shirts printed with the logo "King of Spin" printed on them. When they arrived with "The King of Spain" emblazoned on them the name stuck!

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

We fly anything available to us ... We have no limitations ... Yesterday, I saw Artie shooting at a Camel - and he was in a 109! See, no worries! (Not in Africa, but high up over Stalingrad)

P-38 is getting a lot of attention at the moment due to the PWCG P-38 Lightning Strikes Co-op Campaign, basically one mission per week, alternating on Sundays and Tuesday. Next one is Tuesday May 25th.

Strangely I was actually wondering how much of a slaughter a 109 in FC would be last night after reminding myself what a good climber the 109 is. I took a G2 out for old times on Finnish and was blown away how quickly I got to 3km. I was climbing at a faster speed than the SE5A's maximum speed!

• Like 1

• 2. Administrators

Ah-ha - I see you've found your way here despite my instructions. Welcome aboard Seagoon, you've probably realised we run a fairly easy-going ship here already. I'll send the TS details over a little later.

Cheers

Jabo

• Thanks 3

• 1. DDz Quorum

Welcome to the Dogz Seagoon, you silly, twisted boy you.

Don't forget to draw yourself a fresh pair of legs (with opposable knees) from the quartermaster and make sure to use a pen in case the nefarious enemy bring an eraser.

Should you ever need to know the time, Jabo has it writted down on a piece of paper. 

Looking backwards to flying with you!

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Seagoon said:

Good evening guys, I'm just outside of Manchester in leafy Cheshire but I'm originally from Cape Town.

Ooooh, that's it now chaps - you are being colonised by the Africans 🤣

Welcome aboard Seagoon, will look forward to hearing whether you sound like Cheshire or Cape Town - can you do a good Cape Coloured Ek se?

😁

• Haha 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hey @Seagoon, I would be interested to talk to you about your Quest 2 and how it performs in IL2. I am thinking about getting one having recently sold by Rift original.

1 hour ago, Friar said:

Hey @Seagoon, I would be interested to talk to you about your Quest 2 and how it performs in IL2. I am thinking about getting one having recently sold by Rift original.

I may be able to add to this conversation, You guys haven't seen much of me because I have slumped into a gloomy depression because I too have a Quest 2. absolutely gorgeous piece of tech but sadly requires one of those sinister Sci-fi super AI mega-computers to run DCS, My GTX970 just ain't cutting it.....on the other hand IL2 great battles seems to run.

P.S. Welcome seagoon, Don't worry about the African thing. I have got away with it for a while.

• Confused 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Welcome Goon of the Sea, sounds like you are “challenged” enough to fit in here no problem. One word of warning though...

...we are all extremely racist, we don’t like “Jonny foreigners” even thought the squad is largely made up of the buggers,  AND absolutely none of us get along with each other ! WELCOME TO THE DOGZ

@bongo, I bloody knew there was something fishy about you by the way you sashay up to an aircraft mate 🤗🤔