T-45 Goshawk. Free!

BluBear

As there is no cheat easy start up button, it looks like I will have to plug in my TrackIR for the first time in over 3 years! It looks pretty easy to learn the sequence but I will have to write stuff down and do it flat screen until I am sure that I can start it up.

• Like 2

I followed the procedure but I cant get it started. non of the warning lights come on. I have switched both batteries on and the other switch reset or whatever and then I got a lot of widow out of focus messages so I gave up. I will try again "soon"

• 1. DDz Quorum
8 hours ago, Crash said:

I followed the procedure but I cant get it started. non of the warning lights come on. I have switched both batteries on and the other switch reset or whatever and then I got a lot of widow out of focus messages so I gave up. I will try again "soon"

"Chief turn on the ground power"  

That's what you probably need. 

• Like 1

Hi fellas,

ground-power isn't neccessary to start the T-45.

This is what I do:

- Batt 1 ON

- Batt 2 ON

- Gen RESET

- Engine Switch to ON

(make sure your parking-brake is set)

- GTS* button PRESS for a couple of secondsand wait for light to come on (should be on after 20s and you should be abe to hear a faint noise)

- when GTS light is on => Engine Switch START

- RPM 15-20% => click on Throttle Fingerlift

- when engine at Idle => HYD 2 Reset Button PRESS

That should get you up to a running aircraft and you can now switch on the Comms, Lights, TACAN, and Avionics. You could switch on the avionics on Batt power, but I prefer not to put more load than necccessary onto the batteries.

____

*You might need to map that one on a HOTAS or keyboard command

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I will recalibrate the PointCTRL and try again. According to the dcs forums the window out of focus is caused by having screens open on the desktop, and also moving the taskbar to the side will help things. I will bind the button on the left throttle to GTS

Still no joy, throttle, stick and pedals dont move but the switches do. Still no warning lights but I switched the left mfd on and can press the buttons. The axis show in settings ok. I redownloaded 1.01 and copied the folder over into the mods folder and the t-45 shows at the bottom of the main screen. I really want to get this sorted.

• 3 weeks later...

I can now start it, fly about and use the HSI Tacan and waypoints. Still not able to trim it but I am getting better. Looking forward to the next release of the mod. I hope that they sort the catapult launch and radios. Done a couple of rather dodgy traps so there is room for improvement.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...