Bug With Viewing Tank Numbers?

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

@Sid asked a question last night about gunners not being able to see the numbers on other tanks?

Could you explain more please? Did anyone else have problems seeing the numbers?

If there is an issue I will log in on the IL2 forum.

Did you get them pre selected when you selected your spawn point on the "Getting Ready" and "Phase 1" missions?

• 1. DDz Quorum

18 minutes ago, FoolTrottel said:

Could not see the number 404 on the tanks I was a gunner in, when selecting external view.

It did show up when we got killed, and the external view showed up.

Exactly the same for me as gunner.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Did any of the Commanders have the same issue? No one said anything so I assume that when you has the hatch open and were standing up you could see the numbers on the other tanks?

@FT and Painless -   Could you see the numbers when looking through the gunsights?

It was only when you went to external that none of the tanks had their numbers? or was it only your own tank that you could not see?

• 1. DDz Quorum

sorry FT what does that mean?

1. Could you the see the number of the other tanks through the gunsight? Yes/No

2. Could you see the numbers of the other tanks when going to externals Yes/No

3. Could you see the number of your own tank when going to externals Yes / No - NO

@Painless could you answer the same questions please?

• 1. DDz Quorum

I could see all other tank numbers through the gunsight or on externals as gunner.

I could not see the numbers on the side of our tank on externals when I was gunner until we finished mission and an external view automatically appears, then the number was visible.
Parts was the same as well.

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, Painless said:

I could see all other tank numbers through the gunsight or on externals as gunner.

I could not see the numbers on the side of our tank on externals when I was gunner until we finished mission and an external view automatically appears, then the number was visible.
Parts was the same as well.

Same here

• 1. DDz Quorum

Just had a thought, should we try it without Sid's icon mod first to make sure there is nothing funny going on there before I log it?

I think we should try it with icons disabled on the server and also in "stock" mode (icons on).

@Sid Could you perhaps test it on your next weekday tank session please? 

Or is there a few people around this afternoon/early evening to try it with me?