I am on the VR fence !!!!!!

OK all.  I am so on the fence about purchasing one of these. Either G2 or Quest 2 .  I have been watching videos and readin what I can. I want to purchase but maybe you all can tell me if I should wait , upgrade my system and buy after the summer .  If I can find the upgrades needed of course.   I will use the VR to race ACC but mostly fly IL2.   Will my set up run one or the other very good? or is the G2 that much better that its better to upgrade GPU and purchase later.?  AAHHHHHHHHGGGRRR

Specs 

AMD 3600X

16GB RAM

GPU 1070

Should I go for a new GPU or which of the two HMD can I run decently as I sit?  

I know I am going to get killed for these questions but please proceed.  Push me in the right direction!

To get an enjoyable experience you will need a 5Ghz CPU, 32Gig fast RAM and at least a 2080ti and a G2. The Oculus Quest seems also to work well, but there is the issue of having to log into facebook to play.

• 1. DDz Quorum

My finger is twitching over the buy button for a Quest2. I will use it with a link cable. My spec is below.

You do not have to log into Facebook to use it but do have to have a Facebook account in your real name.

I too have been watching YouTube for stuff and if you have not seen him already I would recommend this guy. He give honest, no nonsense reviews and does not speak at 500 words a minute like most hyped up reviewers. If he thinks it is crap he will say so.

Karl Gosling:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSnP7yd5lIbrLW_nTqAc9xA  

He uses a 2080 with no issues, which is what I have.

Cheers

Friar.

PC: i7 Six Core Processor i7-8700k (3.7GHz) 12MB Cache
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (4 x 8GB)
Nvidia RTX 2080 graphics. Windows 10 1920x1080 Samsung curved screen. TrackIR5.

Logitec X52 Pro with Rudder Pedals

Friar,  I feel ya.  I am hovering for a while now. I have also been back and forth over the g2 and q2.  I know the G2 is better but more expensive and tethered.  I thought for sure I would be good with the Q2, but i looks like no.    I'll never find a GPU

What do you guys think about maybe running the G2 at half resolution until I get a better GPU?    Min specs on the HP site call for a 1070.

I also just read some info about Q2 upgrades enroute.  https://www.ign.com/articles/oculus-air-link-lets-you-wirelessly-stream-vr-games-to-the-quest-2