Battle of The Bulge - Testers Required Please

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute

Due to the lack of roads on the standard map in the area I plan to use for this series, I have had to improvise by plotting a route using the ground "road" colour that passes for a route on the map (and not a texture like a proper road).

Before I start building scenarios around this route, I need to make sure it is drivable (hills not too steep etc). I would therefore like to ask for volunteers to test the route and to record their findings on the form I will provide.

It may be that you will say, for example between points D - F, it is too steep a hill for the tanks to climb or the drop is to much. In which case I will need to re-route. If you could use F11 (or whatever you have for free external) to possibly suggest an alternative if you encounter such a scenario, that would be much appreciated.

If you have some time to spare and would like to help please let me know.

Cheers

Friar

MissionTesters.JPG

Route Log.JPG

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

I can try and test - if you can provide a basic mission with the spawn point that is?

A shared drive on a Friday (or whatever evening) would/could work for me as well. To do a shared session might even be more practical. Like, what you gonna do should your tank flip on its side?  :) 

• 1. DDz Quorum
15 hours ago, FoolTrottel said:

Yeah, I can see it clearly already, you taking notes ... and I'm disappearing on the horizon ... or around the next bend, or over the hill, or ... 

Not if I am sitting in your radio man position looking out the hatch...

• 1. DDz Quorum

I am planning to put the map up on the server on Friday evening for myself and FT to do some testing of the routes from the start.

Anyone else is welcome to join us if they want to test other parts or even join us on the same route.

If we get a few together I think a multi-crewed tank will be a good option with one driving and the other taking notes etc. 

• Like 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

If we get a few together I think a multi-crewed tank will be a good option with one driving and the other taking notes etc”

Multi crew driver available sir, I can drive but have trouble taking notes 😳 ....... that anyone else could read.

• Thanks 1

Hi Colin,  issues for me are low speed in most areas, 10kph max. Losing my way in the woods (all of them) waypoint "a" has adverse camber and my tank slid. also waypoint d was similar. I took the right option near the destination and my driver said that the engine and steering were damaged. I got there in the end.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
4 minutes ago, Crash said:

Losing my way in the woods (all of them)

... and that is before I add fog and snow !

Thanks for the info though, I will check those areas out to see if we can go a different way.