An Idea For People Struggling With Key Mappings?

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Found this on the IL2 forum from a guy called Thad who I have gone to numerous times ref mission building and who I consider an all round good egg;

I ended up developing multiple 'input' files for TC and for the aircraft.

1. I key mapped everything for Tanks and insured that everything worked as I assigned.

2. I then saved a copy of that 'input' folder and placed it in a newly created 'data' folder.

3. I then created a 'TankInput' folder and place the new 'data' folder into a new 'TankInput' folder.

4. I then placed the TankInput folder in my MODS folder for activation and deactivation as a mod.

Now, whenever I want to go tanking.. I simply activate my TankInput mod.

I Deactivate it when I want to use my plane inputs files.

I did the same procedure for Single Engine Planes and Twin Engine Planes.

Note: 

The only thing in each separate data folder is the single specific 'input' folder.  The default 'input' folder size is only 250 kbs. No problem.

There is no need to copy the games Data folder. Just the 'input' folder.

Might help if you are running out of keys?

• 1. DDz Quorum

😐

I'm lost here Friar.

You have saved a copy of your input file. You create a mod with it and then activate it when you go tanking. Aren't you just overwriting the original input file with exactly the same information? For this to work, and I think I can see how now, don't you have to remove the original input file you have altered so that it can be replaced by the new specific one?

I get it now, I think I was having a Sid Viscous moment....