Possible New Member

WVMaverick87

Hey all. 

I posted in the IL2 forums that I was looking for a place to fly, and Perfesser was the first to send me a message. So I hopped over here and had a look-see around, and I like what I see. 

Some background...33 years old, from West Virginia USA. Both grandfathers fought in WWII and I had the honor of knowing several other WWII veterans, so anything WWII is pretty much down my alley. Been flying sims since 1998. Was a part of the CFS Eagles squad for a decade, our fliers were a mix of UK, Canadian, and US members. Didn't really do a ton of combat with CFS, we had our own scenery packages and did hops from location to location and carrier landings in F-14 Tomcats. We moved onto the original IL-2 game in the early 2000's, then Pacific Fighters. 

I work a fulltime job plus run my own business at home, so my attendance would be basically whenever I can. Just looking for a good fun group to fly with and to have fun being a lead magnet. I own the IL2 Battle of Stalingrad, Kuban, Moscow and Bodenplatte. I also have DCS World and the newest MS Flight Simulator.  

Hope to see ya on TeamSpeak soon! 

Chaz 

• Like 2

• 2. Administrators

Hey Chaz! You're very welcome here mate, any friend of Perf's is...well... you know. As I'm sure you are already aware, we're active in DCS and IL-2 Great Battles so hopefully we are already catering for the sims you fly! 

I'll send you a PM with our TS server details and you'll be able to get started straight away. One key thing to let you know is that we never 'expect' people to attend, real life has a habit of getting in the way of playing games, so whenever you can make it we'll be happy to see you.

~S~ Jabo

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Glad you found your way to our pound sir!.

Rule number one being a DangerDogz, is to have fun. Some nights like when we do our P38 Campaign we step up a bit, but other than that, "Don't just sit there....get one up!"

We have no command structure, no must attend training sessions. If there is anything you are not sure about just ask but from the sound of it we may be able to pick some things up from you!

We have a wide range of skills on show from people who can not remember from one week to the next what to do and how to do it to others that will tell you the rivet spacing on a Mk IX spit is not modelled correctly in the game.

As well as GBS flying and DCS we are also getting into the Tank Crew module. You can try it out with the two free tanks T34 and Panzer III if you have not done it before. We have assigned Saturday 19:30/20:00ish start time (UK time). Its a lot of fun making stuff go "Boom!". We have also run some joint air and land special events as well which were a lot of fun.

I look forward to finding you on my six soon.

• Thanks 1

As a recent recruit - in a similar situation as you - although not American- ahem - I would certainly recommend it. I also have a super busy life, so cannot commit to the number of nights that some squads demand. The onus here really is - whenever you can make it we are happy to see you - and that is simply the truth, and whenever I do turn up - I have plenty of fun. 

The only thing that may concern you - being from the U.S. is that we have several Canadians flying with us - all of whom are top notch though 😃

• Like 1

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will do my best to hop into TS soon and get to flying. 

Back when I was in the squad I mentioned in my original post, our commander was Canadian, and the #2 was from the UK, so I'd feel quite at home here lol! 

I'm still learning the ins and outs of the IL2 GBS, so I may need some teaching to get caught up lol. My wife bought me the Thrustmaster T16000M flight system for Christmas a year ago, and I absolutely love it, although the number of buttons is insane compared to my old stick. (Saitek ST290)

• Thanks 2