Tasty P-47 skins

DD_Fenrir

• 1. DDz Quorum

There's a path in SavedGames/Liveries that also works. The module folders need to be named in an exact way that DCS recognizes. Probably not an issue as you already get the folder in the skin .rar file, but I for example had an issue with the Mi-8 because the folder was named Mi-8MTV, whereas DCS only recognizes Mi-8mt for some reason.

• Thanks 1

• 2. Administrators

For some reason the saved games location doesn't work for some planes,  notably the f 14 springs to mind. 

It should, but, hey DCS....

I've taken to putting all my skins in the path FT linked, as that always works!

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

The Saved Games folder is recommended by ED for Third Party Skins as it keeps the core game folder structure and the files within, sterile. Should you need ever to run a repair on your DCS install, it will flag ANY third party skin content as potentially worthy of removal and if you were careless or inattentive you could potentialy lose all of your downloaded skins.

However, the issue with the Saved Games Folder is that it is natively on the C:/ or operating system drive and if, like me, that is rapidly reaching capacity, having a lot of skins in the Saved Games area will bloat it considerably.

• Thanks 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

Careless? Never! But, I couldn't care less.

Inattentative? I've been spending plenty of vacation/holidays camping in a tent, in Holland, Belgium, France, Germany, even in Spain, thank you very much!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

image.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Another!

Arizona / Loraine" flown by Lt Earl Kielass of the 368th Fighter Group, 396th Fighter Squadron.

Also a 396th coded generic skin to make up flight numbers.

"Arizona / Loraine"         https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315323/

396th Generic               https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315328/

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Generic

Image1.jpg

• Thanks 2