My Current - painful build.

Reggie

Thought I would drop in and show you my latest/current build. This has fought me all the way, have had major fit issues, so much filler used here, but finally getting there. Finished spraying the mottle last night. I am not following the mottle markings on the instructions exactly for the markings I am using. This build has primarily been a practice for mottling as it is my first mottle job - so havent been as petty about exactly matching the historic markings as I usually am with my other builds. 

Once this is done, my first NMF is being attempted with Trumpeter's P47D. Also my first Trumpeter kit. Last/previous build was the amazing Airfix 1/24 Typhoon👍

The major problem I have - is I have nowhere left to put my built models 😭

262 IMAGE.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you @Sid, kind of you to overlook the imperfections 😃

It is free hand airbrushing using MRP lacquers. Using a cheap airbrush as well, the AK Interactive Airbrush is only £30 or so, and works really well. 

@Painless It is the Revell 1/32 offering. 1/32 is my favourite scale. I can handle 1/48, but my fat fingers struggle with anything smaller, so I try to stick to 1/32.

I don't think I will be weathering too much out of it. Will see how I feel when I get to that point, but I tend not to weather them too much unless the original subject I am trying to get right was heavily weathered. 

As I said in this case, it is more of a practice mottle thing :) 

• 1. DDz Quorum

You're welcome, I appreciate people put a lot of time and effort into modelling aircraft. I achieved my mottling on my Trumpeter 1/32 262 by using bluetak as a mask...I don't have an airbrush and use spray cans. Different methods to achieve a basically similar effect.  

DSCN2916.JPG

DSCN2921.JPG

DSCN4093.JPG

Look at that - 2 brilliantly built models. I am looking forward to comparing notes moving forward - nice to be part of a group with some gifted modelers :)

@Painless - the Ju88 is great, personally, I think it is sacrilege you haven't built anything for 8 years, wasted talent.......

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

You should see the scratch built bridges that FT has made. Also the large RC aircraft the likes of Papabear have built. They are seriously talented fellows. Quite a few of the chaps have put together some bloody nice models, have a browse on the forum Reg.

• Like 1