Anyone use SRS for comms?

• 1. DDz Quorum

I was wondering if anyone has used SRS for comms and what are the advantages, if any. It appears there is a custom built setup for IL2 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/68622-dedicated-voice-comms/

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/63326-installation-and-usage-of-srs-for-il-2-voice-comms-app/

Or would this be unnecessary for the Dogz?

Cheerzen

• 1. DDz Quorum

It's even installed and ready for use on our server, not currently running though ... there appears to be no need for it within our group.

We got TS, which works fine for our purposes. If you have a need for more realistic radio, crackling and stuff, then it could add to the immersion. 

• Thanks 1

• 2. Administrators

I can't see the point of it in il2. DCS yes where you can actually operate the radio, il2 you can't so no point imo.

Even in DCS unless your going hyper realistic, it can be a faf.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, FoolTrottel said:

It's even installed and ready for use on our server, not currently running though ... there appears to be no need for it within our group.

We got TS, which works fine for our purposes. If you have a need for more realistic radio, crackling and stuff, then it could add to the immersion. 

True that you can't operate the radio in IL2 - but as FT says, the added immersion of the radio quality would be cool. I know there is a W2 sound effect addon for TS - which I have, but it has never worked properly for me sadly.