DangerDogz Tank Crew Dog Fight Maps

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute,

I thought that some of you may want to download the two dog fight maps I have produced in case you either wanted to play with them on your own, or host them on your own server.

Features

Summer Version

1. Town Skirmish: There are 3 towns on the map, each with a red and blue start at either end of the town with a flag located roughly in the middle to act as an area of interest to focus the action, if you wish.

AI Status: NO AI

2. Battlefield: Start on open ground and head towards the enemy spawn point. Once you have spawned in you will have 8 enemy tanks set off to face you.

AI Status: AI Tanks Included

3. Target Range: Spawn in (no sides you can pick any tank from both sides) and blast away at targets arranged at 500m, 1000m, 1500m, 2000m, 2500m and 3000m. It is also set to unlimited ammo.

AI Status: No AI

4. Tiger Hunt: Spawn in at the Allied Town Skirmish point at Prokhorovka. You will notice a German truck near by. If you choose to damage it, that will be the trigger for up to 3 Tiger Tanks to be spawned in around the town. Each of the 3 tanks has a 60% chance of being spawned so you may get 1,2 or 3 targets. You will receive a notification on the screen as each is spawned in. The notifications will appear on the top, middle and bottom of the screen. So you may get a notification at the top and middle, top and bottom or just middle etc. depending on how many thanks get spawned in.

Once you have killed them they do not re-spawn. To re-set you will have to re-start the server. I am working on adding random positions but for now if you work out where the tanks are hiding (they do not move) I will edit the map and release a new version.

Winter Version

1. Town Skirmish: As the summer map but in snow and fog

AI Status: No AI

How to Use the Maps on your own Machine.

Save the files down into your game folder for example C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\Multiplayer\Dogfight

The attached zip file has the files in another folder. You be best to extract the files to a downloads folder and then copy them to the above location.

Start up you game, go to Multiplayer

Select Dogfight

Select Create Server

Scroll down the screen to the "Mission Rotation" list. You should now see the two maps "DangerDogz Tank Crew Dogfight Summer" and "DangerDogz Tank Crew Dogfight Winter".

Click on the the map you want and select "Add to Rotation"

You should now see it appear in the box on the right.

Click "Continue" at the bottom of the screen.

Your server should now start up.

Have fun.

Any problems or questions please let me know.

Regards

Friar

TankCrew DogFight Maps.zip

• Thanks 3

• 1. DDz Quorum

Zip file in opening post has been updated.

Changelog

I have updated the map to change the spawn randomness, from 60% to 67% so hopefully that will prevent no Tigers spawning.

I have also added the Tiger Description into the Mission Brief.

The time has been moved to 17:00, the weather has been changed to overcast (and may be raining).

I have moved the Tiger spawn points to new locations (in case you knew where they were....queue evil laugh....)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Just updated the version on our server.

Updates to Gun Range

You now will spawn in just back from the revetments so you drive into them to take up position. Dont hang about doing this otherwise the targets start firing back!

I have also added 3 sets of moving targets. When you have destroyed the first set another set will start further away. When they are destroyed a third set will start even further away.

I have also added some bunkers which should go boom! when they are destroyed.

Enjoy!

Friar

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

I have uploaded another version this morning (29/01). For the time being the 3 groups of moving tanks start once someone has spawned into the tank range.

I have added bigger "booms" to the bunkers and reduced the point at which they explode.

Salute

• Thanks 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

This one was running for 6 hours, then restarted. I've decreased that to three hours - reason: If someone (sweper!) joins the tank range, he/she might clear it out completely, leaving nothing for others that join later!

Or... Is there a different way to reset it? Destroy a target on the opposite side (behind the players tank?) that triggers a respawn? Hm, lots of work probably, result may not be worth the effort...

• 1. DDz Quorum

45 minutes ago, FoolTrottel said:

If someone (sweper!) joins the tank range, he/she might clear it out completely,

Is Sweepers gender under review?

I suppose I could go through and make each object repair itself after a given time to give a never ending stream of targets as we have unlimited ammo.

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, Friar said:

Is Sweepers gender under review?

I suppose I could go through and make each object repair itself after a given time to give a never ending stream of targets as we have unlimited ammo.

Alternatively, I could have the mission restarted once per hour? Though that might be too short for Town Skirmishesness?

Maybe put it on the back burner for now, and whether it is an issue at all.... 

• 1. DDz Quorum

I think having the objects repair themselves is the answer. Its a simple thing to do, just lots of times.

from each target on the map I do the following

Issue "on killed" event message to a 5 minute timer

the 5 minute timer sends a message to a repair command

the repair command is linked back to the object.

I can copy and paste the commands just need to do the linking....

or....

I delete all the objects and start again by adding say a T34. Set it up to repair and then duplicate it x times at different ranges.

repeat for each type of object I want on the range. That would be just multiple copy and pastes, perhaps also give me a more ordered approach to the targets say 3 or 4 of each at each range.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Summer Dog fight map has been updated.

Change Log

Added the new ammo trucks on the range.

new feature added to the south eastern town, Toma..what ever it is

You can now go T34 hunting. Spawn in as German, kill the car and up to 3 will be released just like the Tigers. Due to the size of the town they are all within the area bounded by the yellow line. This line will only show when you have killed the car to start the process.

Have fun, any problems, requests let me know.

I have also moved the spawn points in a bit in Provahovka.

Enjoy

• Thanks 3

On 1/29/2021 at 2:44 PM, FoolTrottel said:

This one was running for 6 hours, then restarted. I've decreased that to three hours - reason: If someone (sweper!) joins the tank range, he/she might clear it out completely, leaving nothing for others that join later!

Or... Is there a different way to reset it? Destroy a target on the opposite side (behind the players tank?) that triggers a respawn? Hm, lots of work probably, result may not be worth the effort...

Could Sweper clear it out in 6 hours? Asking for a friend!! 😏

• Haha 1