Just found this item for sale on facebook, lol

xTbonex

2021 MIG 21 mig 21
£12,000
Listed a week ago in Orpington, England

Seller's description

MIG 21 ex military aircraft Engine and controller panel removed. No armour Jet not in the country...you can organise your shipping or we can help with for extra fee. More info I’m happy to answer. Only serious questions answered.

***only get in touch though if you are dead serious!!! dont want to upset the African Despot who currently owns it.

129775974_3514860471934776_6676410107950696149_o.jpg

as far fetched and stupid as it sounds, many years ago I saw some photos of a guy who had built a gaming rig using the front of a jet aircraft he mounted his PC and all the gear inside the cockpit, and used to play flight sims sitting in it. lol

this one would require a fair bit of work though. oh and divorce papers would likely be served shortly afterwards

• 2. Administrators

£12 grand for that wreck? Sounds like someone doesn't want the expense of scrapping the thing

I'm more intrigued by the aircraft behind the Mig, two wheel main gear? About the only thing I can think of like that is the Viggen

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, Jabo said:

£12 grand for that wreck? Sounds like someone doesn't want the expense of scrapping the thing

I'm more intrigued by the aircraft behind the Mig, two wheel main gear? About the only thing I can think of like that is the Viggen

Might those wheels not just be ones stacked next to the airframe? They all look like MiGs to me

10 hours ago, Jabo said:

They all look like MIG21's to me Jabo. theres just 3 of them lined up. the tail fins all look indentical in shape. Judging by the photo and climate it looks like they are parked up somewhere in Eastern Europe.

49000893718_362979865f_b.jpg

They're ex-Hungarian airforce. It's on the edge of what was Papa airbase in the north-west of the country.  The base itself was closed, malleted and then rebuilt years ago as a staging post for USAF Globemasters.  

Mr. Local farmer got most of his land back that had been confiscated during the communist period but with the added 'gift' of the unwanted residue of their ex-soviet clunkers. They're parked just off the remains of a taxiway to nowhere.     

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jabo said:

So much for the 'African despot' owner. OK, MiG-21s they are then.

LOL. who says they are still not owned by an african despot? lol although yeah probably right eh!? does make for a more interesting story.
'Deposit di monies!'

the ones in Atrhurs photo look im much better nick, and still have wings attached.