P51D15NA

Sid

• 1. DDz Quorum

This P51 is a work in progress and wow, it does take time. it is a brilliant template, the finishes are very very good and it can look very very nice. The piccie below really doesn't do it justice.

However, the template doesn't come with D Day stripes, fuselage camo or two tone green on the wings. The time I have spent on this, upward of 20 hours, is taken in lining up wing/flap/ailerons/elevators/associated trim tabs colour demarcation. They are all separate components but aren't lined up on the template so require some trial and error to get them lined up. I am almost there...I have basic D day stripes ready for the lower wings and fuselage sides but the lower fuselage curves and is looking to be a few more hours.

I am glad I started it now as if I had begun when we move onto P51s from P38s in Tom's campaign I would have regretted offering to do personal ones. Perhaps by the time we get P51s D Day stripes would be obsolete....

Cheerzen

Added fuselage D day stripes....wow....nothing straight stripes are mostly curves. Had to match aircraft underneath with sides 🤪 

Sid's P51.jpg

Sid's P51 D Day stripes fuselage.jpg

• Thanks 2

• Jabo changed the title to P51D15NA
  • Sid pinned this topic
  • Sid unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Still a work in progress but almost there.....

Changed some colours, found a way to get the D Day stripes without making them, fiddling around with metal colours and reflectivity...a learning curve indeed.

P51D is a popular aircraft and is pretty well covered with skins but if anyone has a request I will crack on with it. Shiny/dirty, silver/green/combination, nose colours etc., all good practice :)

This official template is one of the best.

P51 3.jpg

P51 1.jpg

P51 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2