Broken/Defective Skins reporting.

• Jabo pinned this topic

Just checking through the skin folders to see whats in there. So far some very good skins, but also some really poorly designed ones., is there a way we can implement a 'vote off' in other words really bad skins people dont use, can be removed, to save on everyones hard disk space...

Ideally I would like to post a photo of what I think are bad skins, and everyone can vote to keep or delete. then the deleted ones can be blacklisted from CHSkins? I know ones mans trash is another mans treasure., but trust me some are so bad I cant imagine anyone using them.

report so far as follows: (I will edit this post as time goes by and when folders have been checked)

A20B Skins - a20b_4k_Public
(Framework stencil lines are still visible and are luminous green, IMO should be removed)
Albatros D5 - No Issues
B25 Mitchell - No Issues
BF109 E7 - No Issues
BF109 F2 - No Issues
BF109 F4 - No Issues
BF109 G14 - No Issues
BF109 G2 - No Issues
BF109 G4 - bf110g2_ii_zg.1-5.staffel_s  - Skin in the wrong folder (should be BF110) (moved)
BF109 G6 - No Issues
BF109 G6 Late - No Issues
BF109 K4 - No Issues
BF110 E2 - No Issues
BF110 G2 - No Issues
Bristol FIghter F2.B Falcon II - No Issues
Bristol FIghter F2.B Falcon III - No Issues
C47A - No Issues
Fokker D.VII - No Issues
Fokker D.VII F - No Issues

Fokker DR1
Fokkerdr1_jasta26_Bruno Loerzer (appears broken, alpha layers are screwed)  (left in)
Fokkerdr1_lt. Fritz Von Loerzer (appears broken, alpha layers are screwed) (left in)

FW190 A3 - stab iii jg54 hpt. r. seiler (Skin is not iun correct folder, but I cant identify where it should go, so best remove)

FW190 A5
FW190f8_Gelbe 11 rot 7 Z.Nr. 681 330 II.SG 2 (has dual markings on the side, defective)

FW190 A8
FW190A8_B (Broken/Very Bad?)
A8_II_JG26_Kommandeur2 (Bad Skin) (left in)

FW190 D9 - No Issues
Halberstadt CLII 160HP - No Issues
Halberstadt CLII 200HP - No Issues
He111 H16 - No Issues
He111 H6 - No Issues
HS129 - No Issues

Hurricane MkII
hurricanemkii_skin_021#1 (Broken/remove)
hurricanemkii_skin_041#1 (Broken/remove)
hurricanemkii_skin_051#1 (Broken/remove)
hurricanemkii_skin_081#1 (Broken/remove)
hurricanemkii_skin_101#1 (Broken/remove)
hurricanemkii_skin_111#1 (Broken/remove)
hurricanemkii_skin_121#1 (Broken/remove)

I16 Type 24 - No Issues
IL2 Mod 1941 - No Issues
IL2 Mod 1942 - IL2M42_yell ger (Bad Skin) (left in)
IL2 Mod 1943 - IL2M43_B (Broken)
JU52 - No Issues
JU87D3 - No Issues
JU88A4 - No Issues
LA5FN - No Issues
LA5 Series 8 - No Issues
LAGG 3 - No Issues
MC 202 - No Issues

ME262
ME262a_711 (blank skin should be deleted) (left in)
ME262a_712 (blank skin should be deleted) (left in)
Bare Metal (blank skin should be deleted) (left in)

Mig 3 Ser24 - No Issues

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Does not reporting skins that are ok in here defeat the point of the thread. Will I have to wade through loads of skin names that are fine to see the broken ones. Would it not be better just to have the broken ones?

Love the fact that you are getting on board with this sort of thing though Tbone.

The Dogz are getting to you I can tell :)

I can remove the ones that are ok from the post, it was just to notify that those folders have been checked. so saves a duplication of effort in case anyone else is going to be checking the folders.

its going to take some time to cover all of them., so thought it wise to add a list of checked archives.

I accidentally added the Albatros post underneath, but i cant delete it I dont have admin rights to do that. :)
I was going to keep it all on one post.

You wont need to wade through loads of skins, the defective ones i have put the file name next to the plane type.
It should be easy enough. :) I will mark them red, so they are easier to see...

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

I am sorry if I came across wrong - it was just an observation - don't undo all your good work on my account.

What you are doing will be really appreciated within the group. I choose not to use chkskins due to the size, but if it could be tight trusted resource of only good clean skins, then who knows.

Salute.

Friar

Not at all, I see where you were coming from. :)
Ive been chatting with Sid, and we decided to share the load on moderating them, so I just needed to tag which ones had been checked over. :)

The intention eventually I think is to black list some of them so they dont constantly get recylced and thrown into CHSkins if they are faulty.
and as for the rest, its the least I can do to show my gratitude for all your patience over the last few weeks. Im happy to chip in. :)

Im sure most of you will like some of the new skins that are in the pipeline too.

I hope you will all also forgive me as I am a bit of a forum troll,. lol that wont change I have a boring desk job so my eyes and fingers tend to wander.

• 1. DDz Quorum
3 hours ago, xTbonex said:

Not at all, I see where you were coming from. :)
Ive been chatting with Sid, and we decided to share the load on moderating them, so I just needed to tag which ones had been checked over. :)

The intention eventually I think is to black list some of them so they dont constantly get recylced and thrown into CHSkins if they are faulty.
and as for the rest, its the least I can do to show my gratitude for all your patience over the last few weeks. Im happy to chip in. :)

Im sure most of you will like some of the new skins that are in the pipeline too.

I hope you will all also forgive me as I am a bit of a forum troll,. lol that wont change I have a boring desk job so my eyes and fingers tend to wander.

What you are doing here Tbone, is nearly perfect :) Thanks for that.

You know what would make it absolutely perfect?

This setup:

_PzVI-H1\Tiger_Skin_Das Reich 8 (1).dds
_PzIV-G\PzVIH1_WildSau.dds
A20B\1 A20B La Patrona.dds
A20B\321st Bomber Air Regiment.dds
A20B\A20B_4k_8thGBAP_1(1).dds
A20B\PiZ-DoFF.dds
A20B\Test.dds
Bf109F2\bf109f2_skin_01 (1).dds
Bf109E7\Test.dds

This is the syntax of the file that blacklists them  :)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Oh, forgot to add; The blacklist file is in the folder where you put ChkSkins in. 'ExcludedSkins.txt'

It will be downloaded every time you run ChkSins, so do not edit it as it as is. Just create a new .txt file with the additions, and send it to me and I'll upload it :) 

Teamwork!

might not be a great idea to let me loose on stuff like that, I break things. :)
I will continue to do the checks first, and then we can talk about making the CHSkins exceptions.

Will be a bit slower at the moment, I had a quiet day yesterday so I got stuff done, but the rest of this week I have a project to work on for 'Ze Germans' so going to be busy work wise.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
6 hours ago, xTbonex said:

might not be a great idea to let me loose on stuff like that, I break things. :)
I will continue to do the checks first, and then we can talk about making the CHSkins exceptions.

No worries about the exceptions list, I will crack on with that

• Thanks 1