Dogz standard icon mod

• 1. DDz Quorum

Morning gents

Would it be useful to have a single icons mod that can be enabled/disabled by JSGME?

I have combined the two mods I use:

1. ICON_D_D_NL_SM_T    As a default, this mod gives me a small red triangle/square over air/ground objects, removes arrows pointing to other aircraft and removes range and name information. This is the one that has been altered for use in Friar's upcoming tank scenario. 

2. Icon_Map_Other_Planes_Off_3010C_2-15     As a default, this mod clears all aircraft icons off the pilot/driver's large map and minimap leaving pilot aircraft icon only.

This combined mod, let's call it 'Dogz Icons Standard' can be easily converted into 'Dogz Icons No Ground Icons'.  In effect, this would give us two mods to use, one for day to day use and another when required for tank battles. They are ready for use now if people would like to try them and are attached in the zip file below. After feedback and if they are considered usable I will put them in the vault. 

Please note that there are 2 separate mods in the zip file and only one should be activated at any one time. 

'Dogz Icon Mod v1.00' is for general use and has the effects in 1 and 2 above, 'Dogz Icon Mod - Tank battles v2.00' is for tank battles and has what the previous mod has EXCEPT there are NO ground icons and NO tank icons on the maps.

They should be considered a work in progress as I am looking more deeply into them and other mods to get what I would consider a fair and practical icon set for the Dogz. In addition to the above I would like to include:

1. Yellow waypoint circle removed but target indicator remaining

2. Pilot name appears close up

3. Remove box around flight leader

The above three are on a wish list but I think the attached two icon mods are a start.

Does anyone use any other icon mods and is there anything you would add to the wishlist?

Cheerzen 

Dogz icon mods.zip

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

EDIT: I have updated 'Dogz Icon Mod - No ground icons v1.00' to v2.00. The zip file has been changed too so if you have already downloaded  v1.00 please update to v2.00.

I changed it because in v1.00 the tank icon shows up on the maps when you fly over them - it appears as a little 'maggot' thing. I have removed the 'maggot' in V2.00 so that there are no visible icons for tanks only (other vehicles eg. trucks still show up on maps) from the air or on the maps.

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, FoolTrottel said:

So, when using this V2.00, I can delete these two:

* Icon_Map_Other_Planes_Off_3010C_2-15

* Direction_Distance_Small Triangle v4

Correct?

My JSGME will be looking like this:

image.png

Also delete 'ICON_D_D_NL_SM_T_No ground icons' and install both folders that are in the zip file

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hm, I will lose the ground icons in normal missions as well in this setup?

Or is that our new standard as of now for all missions?

If you install both folders that are in the zip file you won't lose ground icons in normal missions however you only need to have one installed via JSGME - the '......No ground icons v2.00' is meant for tank battles such as Friar's tank fest

• 1. DDz Quorum

@Sid ; I think you need to update the file/item in the downloads section - it still holds the 1.00 version!

That's because there are 2 mods. One is v1.00, the other is at v2.00.

'Dogz Icon Mod v1.00' is for general use, 'Dogz Icon Mod - No ground icons v2.00' is for tank battles.